Andruw Jones is on a mission

2nd_city_saint787

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_cws

Following the 2008 knee surgery, Jones said full range of motion in his knee didn't come back until the next offseason

I quoted that because he was better in 09 after he apparently got full range of motion back in his knee but he was still out of shape so if he truly if in the best shape of his career or whatever whats to say this guy doesnt have a bounce back year.

Has there been any pictures of him since hes said he was in the best shape of his life or whatever was said?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said from the beginning, Andruw Jones is one of my favorite players, and while still hoping to get Thome, Damon, and Dye for DH to be safe, I really think Jones can break out and hit 25 HR next season with at least a .250 average and playing some outfield for us to give Quentin a rest.

And to prove I have been a Jones fan, there is this....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2453/dscn3026.jpg

IF (big if) Jones and Rios return to top form, the defense of Pierre, Jones, and Rios would be outstanding and would move TCQ to DH quite often. Jones has a lot to prove and I am excited how aware he seems to be of that. Sounds like he not only wants to earn playing time, he wants to play everyday in the field. Love that attitude. As long as Ozzie makes him earn it, more power to him.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
IF (big if) Jones and Rios return to top form, the defense of Pierre, Jones, and Rios would be outstanding and would move TCQ to DH quite often. Jones has a lot to prove and I am excited how aware he seems to be of that. Sounds like he not only wants to earn playing time, he wants to play everyday in the field. Love that attitude. As long as Ozzie makes him earn it, more power to him.

Outstanding? I think Rios is the only one of our 5 OF who has that potential.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)
Outstanding? I think Rios is the only one of our 5 OF who has that potential.

Jones was, at one point, an outstanding CF. Unless you think he's lost it, I think he has potential to be an outstanding corner outfielder as well. Sounds like his knee was what was keeping him relegated to the DH in Texas.

Pierre has average to above average defense in LF, throwing arm aside...which, let's face it, you're going to save WAAAAAAY more runs catching the ball than you are throwing it.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:07 AM)
Jones was, at one point, an outstanding CF. Unless you think he's lost it, I think he has potential to be an outstanding corner outfielder as well. Sounds like his knee was what was keeping him relegated to the DH in Texas.

Pierre has average to above average defense in LF, throwing arm aside...which, let's face it, you're going to save WAAAAAAY more runs catching the ball than you are throwing it.

Yes, I do think he has lost it. I think the best he can do is above-average at this point.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 20, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Like I said from the beginning, Andruw Jones is one of my favorite players, and while still hoping to get Thome, Damon, and Dye for DH to be safe, I really think Jones can break out and hit 25 HR next season with at least a .250 average and playing some outfield for us to give Quentin a rest.

And to prove I have been a Jones fan, there is this....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2453/dscn3026.jpg

where have you been?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:34 AM)
It appears I forgot a few words in that sentence. lol.

I meant to say, while I WAS still hoping for Thome, Damon, and Dye to be our DH's, I thought Jones was still capable of hitting 25 HR for us next year.

haha fair enough. :)

This Andruw Jones is really a stand up guy:

"They wanted me to come and that's why I signed here right away," Jones said of the White Sox. "You can see around the league, a lot of guys that had great years, they don't have a job still. For them to come and tell me, 'Hey, get in shape and you'll get a chance to play every day,' that motivated me more to go out and work hard and get my body right so I can play every day."

All that money the Dodgers paid him didn't motivate him to get his body right and work hard. I guess at least he is in shape now. We'll see if that means anything. Odds are he's one of the great spring stories that fizzles out rather quickly when the games become real.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
Andruw Jones = 2010 Comeback Player of the Year.

2010 White Sox, Comeback Team of the Year

between Jones, Rios, Konerko, Quentin, Jenks, and Putz, we need a whole lot of comebacks.