Finding jeans that fit right

SouthsideDon48

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I didn't intend to sound critical of anyone else's tastes, I was just stating my own. If something makes you look good and (maybe more importantly) feel good, then that's no concern of mine.

Suits, however, I can understand a little better (although the prices you quote for suits and jeans are both out of my league). At upwards of $500, they are usually custom altered and made of finer materials with higher thread counts, etc. I am not that familiar with higher end jeans, but I thought all denim was pretty much made from the same cotton. Besides, I can usually tell a "cheap suit" from the frontal view, without having to check out somebody's ass.

I didn't think you were being critical at all. And haha sorry, I really dont even know suit prices...I just guessed....shows ya the last time I bought one. I just had this weird logic in my own head like...ok say a suit is 250 or 300(not sure what they cost)...and you wear it maybe 2 times a year. Now say your jeans cost $100 bucks, but you wear em like 30+ times a year. It is worth it to get that nice pair that fits well, will hold up and you look good in.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
I dont think that Express is metro at all. I wear their formal shirts for work almost everyday and im fairly sure that business casual or wearing a suit to work isnt metrosexual.

I wear a ton of work shirts from express. They are very good non-wrinkle shirts that fit me very nice. Express and Banana also have fantastic work pants.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
I wear a ton of work shirts from express. They are very good non-wrinkle shirts that fit me very nice. Express and Banana also have fantastic work pants.

Yeah, I wear their work pants as well, I also own a very nice suit from there. The shirts fit me better than pretty much anything else I can find.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Speaking of Banana work pants, you can get coupons to get them at 40% off on every Wednesday of this month.

Lol, I just got that coupon and am probably gonna buy a pair or two of pants to take advantage of that. Them and Expresses pants just fit so damn well. And I think that it is important to dress well at your job.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Lol, I just got that coupon and am probably gonna buy a pair or two of pants to take advantage of that. Them and Expresses pants just fit so damn well. And I think that it is important to dress well at your job.

They have some really sweet jackets this season; I may go pick one of those up, although there is not much of a need here in Vegas...:(

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
There should be a law against the sale of jeans in excess of $35/pair, which is what I pay for Levi's on sale. I like nice clothes and the occasional nice label (and I'm really not as cheap as I probably sound), but I just can't rationalize paying more than that for different stitching on the back pockets. Personally, I've never been able to discern any other difference in the more expensive pairs.

Of course, I am old and fairly crotchety.

If you pay a little more for some jeans they feel as if you can sleep in them they are so comfortable.

Jeans are regional. Someone poked fun at Wranglers, but if y'all are down in Texas, a pair of Wranglers, stacked on your boots, is the norm. Some fancy ass designer jean look fine on some city chick, but a real man wouldn't wear 'em.

Besides, that's what George Strait wears. ;)

Funny thing is...there are people who wear $180 true religion and paper denim who thumb their noses at others who just wear regular Levi's from kohls, jc penney, and sears...BUT then the supposed "real" jean connoiseurs look down on and mock those pre-faded/distressed mall/department store brands since they're into $300 Japanese repro jeans made of Japanese selvedge, wearing them almost daily for a year without washing them.

Me, I have a kohls card so I get my Levi's 501s for about $25 when they have the 30% off every month (slickdeals.net is nice), although I'm waiting for them to get some new colors/washes. I like how 501s fit me. Only thing I don't like is how fast they fade.

I also found a pair of RRL Japanese selvedge made in the USA jeans for 45 at a marshalls. Only "high-end"-ish jeans I have.

So I have about 8 pairs of Levi's 501s, couple of pairs of Polo, couple of j. crews, couple of express, and the RRLs, finding all of them on sale and never having paid more than 40 until the RRL ones.

(I work at a community center so I wear jeans daily.)

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Jeans are regional. Someone poked fun at Wranglers, but if y'all are down in Texas, a pair of Wranglers, stacked on your boots, is the norm. Some fancy ass designer jean look fine on some city chick, but a real man wouldn't wear 'em.

Besides, that's what George Strait wears. ;)

Those cowboy/western/rodeo-style Wranglers are tighter than women's jeans...

My uncle is into the cowboy look but he's more into 501s with his crocodile boots and belt.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Funny thing is...there are people who wear $180 true religion and paper denim who thumb their noses at others who just wear regular Levi's from kohls, jc penney, and sears...BUT then the supposed "real" jean connoiseurs look down on and mock those pre-faded/distressed mall/department store brands since they're into $300 Japanese repro jeans made of Japanese selvedge, wearing them almost daily for a year without washing them.

Me, I have a kohls card so I get my Levi's 501s for about $25 when they have the 30% off every month (slickdeals.net is nice), although I'm waiting for them to get some new colors/washes. I like how 501s fit me. Only thing I don't like is how fast they fade.

I also found a pair of RRL Japanese selvedge made in the USA jeans for 45 at a marshalls. Only "high-end"-ish jeans I have.

So I have about 8 pairs of Levi's 501s, couple of pairs of Polo, couple of j. crews, couple of express, and the RRLs, finding all of them on sale and never having paid more than 40 until the RRL ones.

(I work at a community center so I wear jeans daily.)

I have my choice of ties or solid blue, no designer labels, polo shirts and khaki slacks most days at work. Gee, that's a tough choice. A day or two we can wear jeans. Same rules, no designer labels. We consider Levis, Wranglers, Lees to be regular brands.

You've all put me in a terrible bind here. I can't figure out how to tell everyone who posts in a thread called "Finding jeans that fit right" that they are totally teh ghey without posting in the very same thread myself.

Damn youuuuu allll to helllll!

totally.

teh.

ghey.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
You've all put me in a terrible bind here. I can't figure out how to tell everyone who posts in a thread called "Finding jeans that fit right" that they are totally teh ghey without posting in the very same thread myself.

Damn youuuuu allll to helllll!

totally.

teh.

ghey.

brett_favre_wrangle_0809.jpg

I love butting heads with my brother on this one. I generally buy Levi's (I generally get a half inch to big though, because otherwise it's a half inch to small, darn you jeans...) and my brother believes those are for country people.

I am of the belief that spending $100 on one pair of jeans is foolish.