South Region

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 21, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Committee should be ashamed of the path they gave Duke. Cal is an embarrassingly bad team. There's 6-7 NIT teams better than Cal.

Tell that to Louisville, who Cal dominated. A 2nd round matchup with Louisville could have been ugly for Duke so I don't think you can complain about the draw. Purdue as the 4 seed and Nova as the 2 was nice for Duke though.

I think it's easy to say Duke got the easiest region, and it's probably pretty accurate too. But this tournament has just been insane, everybody thought Kansas was going to have the toughest road to the title despite being the #1 overall seed in large part because of teams like Georgetown and Maryland, and all three of them are gone, with Georgetown having gone the first day.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 11:43 AM)
Man I hope St. Mary's pulls out this region, because I can't stand any of these other 3 teams. I think death is a better option than rooting for anybody in the Duke/Purdue game.

Just wondering, what do you have against Purdue? I don't think I've ever met anyone that hates Purdue.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Well at least we have a great past to look back and build upon. But back to the topic at hand, how do you not know anyone that hates Purdue?

Baylors looking scary good.

I don't think he has ever been to the state of Indiana.

Three men were seated in the same row of a plane. Two of them had been conversing for awhile, when one of them said to another, "I'll bet you're an Princeton man".

"You're right", the other replied. "How did you figure that out?"

"Well", he said, "your vocabulary, your political philosophy, and the cut of your sport coat, which obviously comes from the Campus Shop in Princeton Square, made it pretty easy".

The third man now joined in. "That's pretty amazing. Can you figure out where I went to school?"

The reply was unhesitating: "Purdue University".

Dumfounded, the man asked, "How on earth did you figure that out so quickly?"

"I happened to notice your class ring while you were picking your nose".

I can't figure out how Scheyer doesn't tear an ACL on all these flops. His favorite move is to stick his foot out and bring a defender into him on the jumpshot and fall down like he was shot. It's disgusting. JJ Redick loved the Duke flop, but Scheyer has taken it to a new level.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
This game is brutal. I think Purdue knows they can't play Duke straight up, so they have to muck it up.

No doubt. Thank god for MMOD so I can watch the other game on the comp cause Chicago TV is stuck on this one

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Mar 27, 2010 -> 03:21 AM)
I can't stand the Big 10's muck it up style, but damn Purdue plays defense hard and without the reaching, flopping that Duke gets away with.

Duke's perimeter defense is amazing, I don't know why people don't realize this. By my count, they've taken one charge the whole game.