3/31 vs Cleveland

flavum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
If it's the middle of May and Freddy is 1-5, and Hudson is 5-1 in Charlotte, I don't think they'll hesitate to replace him.

You're kidding, right? W/L records during spring training? Freddy would have to either get hurt or go Chien-Ming Wang on us to get booted from the rotation. If Freddy can give us league average numbers (4.50 ERA, 1.30 WHIP) from the 5th slot, he'll be in the rotation.

Edited by Jordan4life

Ok, I'm going to make this very clear....

Spring training statistics mean nothing for the most part. But I will say this about Freddy Garcia:

1) He hasn't exactly lit it up the last four years.

2) His velocity is way down. That cannot be disputed.

3) Dan Hudson is a solid prospect

IF---again IF---Freddy is bad (forget about the record) his first 6-8 starts, and Dan Hudson is everything he was last year his first 6-8 starts, I don't think they will hesitate to pull the plug on Freddy. If they think Hudson gives them a better chance to win, Freddy will be gone.

Edited by flavum

Spring training statistics mean nothing for the most part. But I will say this about Freddy Garcia:

IF---again IF---Freddy is bad (forget about the record) his first 6-8 starts, and Dan Hudson is everything he was last year his first 6-8 starts, I don't think they will hesitate to pull the plug on Freddy. If they think Hudson gives them a better chance to win, Freddy will be gone.

I know it probably means nothing but something about getting lit up that worries me. Probably Freddie more than anyone else because he just went through a long article proclaiming himslef in better shape than ever and his arm ready to go but these ST numbers are really bad. Dunno

Edited by chisoxfan09

I can't believe the sox are so bad. These scrubs cannot even perform up to everyone's expectations in spring training? These players are paid to perform! Day in day out! Even when the games don't matter and the players are just trying to find their groove/work on mechanics. They are like the worst team ever. I don't even think i am gonna watch one game in the regular season. I need to find a new team that cares and performs in spring training.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
I wonder how many innings it will take before people are calling for Hudson to replace Garcia?

I saw the box score just a bit ago and wondered the same thing. What was th story with him though in todays game?

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)

What you say makes sense, but also as YOU say ST is not the place to make roster change decisions. But, 6 starts into the regular season might be a time