Breakfast Cereals

hogan873

One of the nice thing about having kids is always having a good selection of cereal in the house. And I'm talking about the good kind of cereal. Fruity Pebbles, Apple Jacks, Cap'n Crunch, etc.

Thinking about that, I was wondering what the favorite cereals of SoxTalk nation are. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is one of my favorites, and I could devour an entire box on a Saturday morning while watching SportsCenter. But, one of my favorites from when I was a kid was the Vanilla Cookie Crisp. Why did they stop making it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I turned 25 I just can't take sugar-rich cereal in the morning like I used to. Raisin bran, Total, Special K Protein Plus is up there.

If I want a snack later in the day and I have some lying around...Frosted Mini Wheats are like candy (eaten dry). And I can still then down a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Since I turned 25 I just can't take sugar-rich cereal in the morning like I used to.
I used to adore Fruity Pebbles. No thanks anymore.

I'm partial to Apple Jacks or Frosted Flakes these days.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Since I turned 25 I just can't take sugar-rich cereal in the morning like I used to. Raisin bran, Total, Special K Protein Plus is up there.

If I want a snack later in the day and I have some lying around...Frosted Mini Wheats are like candy (eaten dry). And I can still then down a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Fruity Pebbles and Cinamon Toast Crunch were my two favorite cereals growing up. Coco Puffs were pretty money too as were coco crispies.

Now, honey nut cheerios, frosted mini wheats, and Special K with fruit in it are what I opt for.

From my youth: Lucky Charms, Kix, Raisin Bran, Fruity Pebbles and Chocolate Pebbles, Rice Krispies

Currently: Shredded Spoonfuls, Heritage Flakes, and the Trader Joe's versions of Frosted Mini-Wheats, and Honey Nut O's (or Joe O's for those in the know)