4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
They're booing him because of this

Rios goes to a big time charity event and has to deal with that jackhole heckling him. There is a time and a place for things.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)
I'm really not sold on that. The scouts were just bashing his stuff this Spring (not just what we heard in the press). It wasn't his fastball they were worried about, but rather his slider was being thrown at a different plane. I really do hope it works out for him in Chicago though, so by no means am I giving up on him yet.

Yes, all of a sudden he's terrible. I havent see anything from a real scout on that at all.

And now the booing is getting ridiculous. They boo everything there? I have a feeling they are booing the vendors when they get their change back.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
I'm really not sold on that. The scouts were just bashing his stuff this Spring (not just what we heard in the press). It wasn't his fastball they were worried about, but rather his slider was being thrown at a different plane. I really do hope it works out for him in Chicago though, so by no means am I giving up on him yet.

You do realize he pretty much never throws his slider in the spring. I heard an interview with Peavy where he mentioned that he threw less than 15 sliders all spring, so I'm hard pressed to see how scouts could make a judgment on his slder.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
Yes, all of a sudden he's terrible. I havent see anything from a real scout on that at all.

And now the booing is getting ridiculous. They boo everything there? I have a feeling they are booing the vendors when they get their change back.

They sell those damn horns there that sound like booing as well. One of the strangest places to ever watch a game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
You do realize he pretty much never throws his slider in the spring. I heard an interview with Peavy where he mentioned that he threw less than 15 sliders all spring, so I'm hard pressed to see how scouts could make a judgment on his slder.

That's probably why then, as they said his slider wasn't good at all. It's weird he doesn't throw that more. I know he has a history of getting off to good starts, as he has 3 career wins on Opening Day.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
that

this is why I hate it when fans start worrying about the financial side of baseball

let your GM worry about that, and you worry about the talent level of your team

Peavy made our rotation a top 2 or top 3 rotation in the AL

the money we would've saved by not acquiring him wouldn't have necessarily

a) went to a hitter that put us over the top

B) prevented our rotation from being simply above average (I'm talking top10, here)

the overreaction so far this year from our fans is very cub-like and sickening, you guys need to tattoo your foreheads with the number 162

Edited by Real