4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
He must be injured, not be able to pitch in the AL, or is on steroids. Call off the season and his contract, pack it in boys.

Well, you do have to admit, it's a little disconcerting to see the fastball where it is. It looked better last September, but maybe all the time off last year was the difference, and here he's in dead arm from spring training. Kinda strange, though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
I've never been so frustrated as a White Sox fan. It scares me to death that this could be our future for the next 3 years.

You mean having a guy that has been one of the best starters in baseball when healthy?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
You mean having a guy that has been one of the best starters in baseball when healthy?

In the NL West, yah. I don't know if he is healthy or not, but I do know that he isn't in the NL West

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Two f***ing starts. Goddamn. Calm the f*** down.

We don't have the type of fans apparently that can deal with a team having a slow start after a bad year

Understandable since we're a 90-95 win team year in and year out, we shouldn't have to deal with this!!!

lol

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
In the NL West, yah. I don't know if he is healthy or not, but I do know that he isn't in the NL West

I forgot that these two starts totally outweigh the body of work, plus his three phenomenal starts last year.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
We don't have the type of fans apparently that can deal with a team having a slow start after a bad year

Understandable since we're a 90-95 win team year in and year out, we shouldn't have to deal with this!!!

lol

I guess. That Jermaine Dye contract in 2005 was a crippler.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
I forgot that these two starts totally outweigh the body of work, plus his three phenomenal starts last year.

I guess. That Jermaine Dye contract in 2005 was a crippler.

That was 5 mil a year. This is 16 mil a year. Eh, maybe I'm the only one worried about him and Rios taking up 1/3 of our payroll.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)

Sure, having the 93-95mph Peavy would make this start more bearable. But he just looked atrocious not only with his control, but his stuff overall. He hasn't had to adjust himself due to a lost in velocity, and I'd like it if we' wouldn't have to experience it for a few seasons.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Like I said before - it seems there is two extremes. One who thinks Peavy is absolutely useless in the AL and the other who thinks he should be auto ace 2.5. Personally I find peavy a 3.85-4.00 ERA in the AL.

well if thats what he will be , the sox are dumb for paying him more than buehrle to have a 4 era

Sometimes a pitcher just doesn't have good control for a start or two, it happens. I'm not worried about Peavy in the least. Even if we lose this game, I'm just happy to see the offense coming out firing. That's more important to me than one poor Peavy start (even if he is one my SP tonight in fantasy).

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Sure, having the 93-95mph Peavy would make this start more bearable. But he just looked atrocious not only with his control, but his stuff overall. He hasn't had to adjust himself due to a lost in velocity, and I'd like it if we' wouldn't have to experience it for a few seasons.

I'd like it if I wouldn't have to experience posters regarding him and his contract as an albatross more than 1.5 starts into 2010.

I can't believe we're having this conversation about Peavy after his 2nd start of the year, 5th in a Sox uni where he had 3 great starts last year

Dunno what's wrong with some people. Pitchers have bad games, even aces. If you don't like it, you don't have to, but you need to accept the reality that it happens