4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
So have I, I went to Synth Pop goes the World in 2002, met a lot of people up there. They are baseball stupid!

I had one guy tell me Joey Votto should be in Toronto because he's Canadian and that every game the Blue Jays play is like America vs. Canada.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
The one Jays fan I know said he feels Rios is going to bounce back with the Sox and is mad the Jays gave him up for nothing.

Even if Rios bounces back fully...I doubt they'll be mad to have gotten themselves rid of a contract. Just like I'm not mad that we got rid of Javy and Swisher.

Is it just me, or do our players never take advantage of reaching base via the error? I knew Beckham wasn't going anywhere when it was on an error

I also find it funny how almost all of our offense is coming via the HR. Sorry ozzie, lipstick on a pig is still a pig, or in this case, a 1-dimensional offense

QUOTE (Bhay99 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
i don't think people are really that concerned about him having 2 dud starts in april....but really he isn't even hitting 90 on the gun right now and he hasnt even thrown 70 pitches yet. THIS is what is troublesome

He's been hitting 91 92 consistently with the fastball

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
The one Jays fan I know said he feels Rios is going to bounce back with the Sox and is mad the Jays gave him up for nothing.

Well, I think the intelligent Blue Jays fans actually didn't think Rios' contract was THAT bad and that he was definitely not done at 28 years old.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
I had one guy tell me Joey Votto should be in Toronto because he's Canadian and that every game the Blue Jays play is like America vs. Canada.

oh god, don't get me started on what Canadians think of Americans, they are literally obsessed with trying to be better than we are

I had a canuck chew me out because I referred to a slice of kraft cheese as "American cheese", they're like WTF is that s***? It's PROCESSED cheese (Emphasis on the PRO, because they talk like that. weirdos)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Yeah, pretty sure that was sarcasm... hard to tell in this thread though, I admit.

Do I need a :lolhitting to officially confirm sarcasm?

Edited by chw42