4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
I'd like it if I wouldn't have to experience posters regarding him and his contract as an albatross more than 1.5 starts into 2010.

yeah he certainly is a better pitcher than he is doing tonight. he just doesnt have good stuff tonight. he needs to battle like mark did yesterday and shut them down the rest of the way

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
Honestly, you do have to be concern with Peavy's fastball and where it's at. It's not like he's pitching outside in the freezing cold. His fastball needs to be at least in the mid to high 90's. If not, he's not all that effective. Sorry, but it's the truth boys.

His fastballs have a lot of movement. He just needs better location. I don't know what's going on with this velocity today.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
Honestly, you do have to be concern with Peavy's fastball and where it's at. It's not like he's pitching outside in the freezing cold. His fastball needs to be at least in the mid to high 90's. If not, he's not all that effective. Sorry, but it's the truth boys.

It's not the first time it's ever happened, hell it happens to Buehrle what seems like once a month, it happened to Danks about 3 starts in the year where he had absolutely nothing. I will start to panic if he is still doing this well into May.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
man they hate Rios.

Toronto fans are frontrunners, and as fairweather as you can get as a fan of a professional sports team, whether it be NFL, NHL, NBA, whatever.

They're booing because they're idiots for the most part. Maybe 30 fans there have seen the Rios video on youtube. I saw it before we acquired him and while I thought it wasn't the smartest thing for the guy to do, I understood his frustration after reading the statement from his agent about that particular heckler

i don't think people are really that concerned about him having 2 dud starts in april....but really he isn't even hitting 90 on the gun right now and he hasnt even thrown 70 pitches yet. THIS is what is troublesome

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)

I can't see this start, but I saw his last start.

He hasn't been high 90s for a while.

He's just working through some control issues right now is what it seems like.

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
Toronto fans are frontrunners, and as fairweather as you can get as a fan of a professional sports team, whether it be NFL, NHL, NBA, whatever.

They're booing because they're idiots for the most part. Maybe 30 fans there have seen the Rios video on youtube. I saw it before we acquired him and while I thought it wasn't the smartest thing for the guy to do, I understood his frustration after reading the statement from his agent about that particular heckler

I've come across some of them, oh man they're freaking stupid.

Peavy doesn't have his hook and the Jays are locked in. Simple as that. He's not changing speeds (nevermind the velocity) and he's not effective outside the zone...or "effectively wild". I think he's the type of guy that even when he has an off day he's still going to consistenly be around the plate. Come on 20...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
I've come across some of them, oh man they're freaking stupid.

So have I, I went to Synth Pop goes the World in 2002, met a lot of people up there. They are baseball stupid!