4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
This is just a bad, bad ball club right now.

The double plays, strike outs, and repeated failure to score with RISP drives me nuts. It's not a good sign when your team needs to shake things up two weeks into the season. One bright spot, however, has been the bullpen. They've been outstanding.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
"New-look lineup for Saturday - according to Oz, Teahen and AJ will be moved up, while Jones is moved back in. Still searching." per Cowley

Move them up to where? Teahen could bat 5th right now, as bad as this team is, but AJ is what, 7th? I think he's fine at 7.

I'll be happy when Oz moves Pierre to the 9 hole. So in other words, never.

Starting pitching - B. There's been some bumps, and Peavy is worrying, but its early and everyone has performed more or less to expectations

Bullpen - A. Pleasantly surprised with the depth and overall quality of the pen so far. Keep up the good work.

Defense - C. About as advertised. Teahen has been pretty awful, and Alexei is still screwing up, but the team looks faster and rangier overall, especially the outfield.

Offense - F. Big stinking load of crap. Four of our regulars (Pierre, AJ, Alexei, Kotsay) are OPSing 500 or less. The guys that flash power haven't driven anybody in besides themselves. No one gets on base, no one scores, everyone looks awful at the dish, and everyone groans when Kotsay or AJ or Alexei GIDP. This is not a competitive offense and will likely be a point of contention as the team plods on, like last year, failing to score consistently or build momentum and staying around .500.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
Move them up to where? Teahen could bat 5th right now, as bad as this team is, but AJ is what, 7th? I think he's fine at 7.

I'll be happy when Oz moves Pierre to the 9 hole. So in other words, never.

id prefer the bench even though that brings us right back to the not having a leadoff hitter problem.

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)

That would make the most sense (Teahen's OBP is incredible for a guy with a low average so far) but this is Ozzie. Damn near guaranteed we'll see A.J. bat 5th and Teahen 7th tomorrow. Prove me wrong, your not this predictable Ozzie!