justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this out of the way early.

HAHAHAHA! This offense f***ing sucks! Season over. The Twins are going to win the division by 77 games. Scott Podsednik got on base 5 times today. Can Pierre do that? We could've had Thome. lol@this pathetic offense. We f***ing suck. If we were like the Twins, we'd be in first place by now. lol@kw. lol@ozzie. God look at how breathtaking the Twins are. AHAHAHAHAHA@this team. Nobody is going to come to the park this summer because we f***ing suck! God I'm so glad I didn't get season tickets. gehpgsdb[ifa[bgg[@this team. Why can't we be like the Twins? SDHDHFHF@us paying Rios.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
Let's get this out of the way early.

HAHAHAHA! This offense f***ing sucks! Season over. The Twins are going to win the division by 77 games. Scott Podsednik got on base 5 times today. Can Pierre do that? We could've had Thome. lol@this pathetic offense. We f***ing suck. If we were like the Twins, we'd be in first place by now. lol@kw. lol@ozzie. God look at how breathtaking the Twins are. AHAHAHAHAHA@this team. Nobody is going to come to the park this summer because we f***ing suck! God I'm so glad I didn't get season tickets. gehpgsdb[ifa[bgg[@this team. Why can't we be like the Twins? SDHDHFHF@us paying Rios.

Where's our Liriano?

Well, of course.

The Red Sox had a bases loaded situation with no outs and a chance to win and didn't score and got swept in a DH (at home) by a very very talented Rays team, one that we see soon.

And the Cardinals must have had 4-5 bases loaded situations in their 20 inning game yesterday. At one point, they were near 20 runners stranded and climbing and were 0 for the day with runners in scoring position.

Every team has bad days...it's just that we have now managed TWO 3 game losing streaks that both times have incorporated one of the five worst teams in all of baseball. That's not easy to do in the span of two weeks. You really have to wonder, besides the Royals, who might be capable of losing at least two individual series to the Indians in a row???

Well, technically we're only ahead of BALT and HOU, but that can change relatively quickly at this point in the season.

Edited by caulfield12

I am finding it really odd that the leftie rightie has so ovewhelmingly taken over guillen's managing yet the results never seem to back this up.....or I suppose I should say imagine how bad the Sox would be if this was not enforced so mightily. Kotsay as your number three hitter.........whatever.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
I dont even want to post this lineup...

Pierre lf, Beckham 2b, Kotsay rf, Konerko 1b, A.J. c, Rios cf, Teahen dh, Vizquel 3b, Ramirez ss, Floyd p

Who knows how it will turn out, but I think even the guys who think KW and Ozzie can do no wrong would say that isn't a very impressive-looking line-up. At least Vizquel isn't leading off.

If Kotsay and AJ don't do anything today but roll into GIDP's and weak outs, Ozzie will really be under some media and post-game call-in fire.

I really think he's trying to get fired. He keeps playing Vizquel 10 years too late.

Andruw Jones is our most dangerous hitter, and he's nowhere to be found for 2/3 games.

Right up there with Jones is Quentin...so great, let's take Jones, Quentin, Thome and Dye and replace them with:

Pierre/Kotsay/Vizquel/Teahen

I've never said this as a White Sox fan, but we DESERVE to lose if we're going to make completely ASININE line-ups. I know it MIGHT work, then Ozzie will be a genius for "shaking things up," but he's lost his marbles, his ego knows no bounds.

And Jayson Nix is just sitting there rotting away. It's 10X worse than what he did to Brian Anderson, Sean Tracey and Jon Rauch.

We can't have a consistent line-up simply because we don't have enough major league regulars.

Simple as that.

The ONLY players who deserve the right to play everyday are Konerko, Beckham, Rios and Quentin. The jury's still out on Jones, but he's earned the right to get MORE consistent playing time. That's only FOUR or five PLAYERS out of 9.

AJ is another mystery...right now Lucy is more dangerous.

QUOTE (S_R_N83 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
new guy here from Pittsburgh, PA

Kotsay is really batting in the 3 hole? :unsure: How can this team become consistent offensively when its a different lineup everyday?!

Jerry Manuel used to get blasted for being a "tinkerer". Ozzie usually gets a pass from those same people, but in his defense, if the line up isn't working, changes are in order. If he keeps it the same he'll be criticized, if he changes it, he'll get the same thing. They just need to start scoring runs and winning. They weren't helped by a weak offseason from management, but they can overcome that because of the division they play in.

Is the goal to be the best team you can be or be a team that is considered a contender in its division? It seems to be the White Sox higher ups have settled on the latter. If they were actually in the AL East, would they have the line up they have now and consider themselves a contender for anything but a high draft pick?

Edited by Dick Allen

The same division we're 2-6 against...if recent history has taught anything, the White Sox have good seasons when they dominate in the ALCD intradivision games and they play well at home.

Last year, we completely lost the home-field advantage we'd have for most of the decade, with the exception of the 2007 disaster/debacle. Something needs to be shaken up, no more tinkering....the engine needs to be totally overhauled and rebuilt with a better BLUEPRINT.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
I dont even want to post this lineup...

Pierre lf, Beckham 2b, Kotsay rf, Konerko 1b, A.J. c, Rios cf, Teahen dh, Vizquel 3b, Ramirez ss, Floyd p

Is Ozzie really even trying anymore? I know Ozzie was waiting for his excuse to put Kotsay in the 3-hole, but what has Jayson Nix said to him that has made him such a non-factor here? This is starting to become (early) BA-esque. I suggest we trade Nix, and call-up Retherford, if Nix is going to rot away on the bench even on a Sunday.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Everyone has a valid point, and Q and Jones (in my opinion) at this point should be in there everyday.(which neither are today) However, looking at this past week's lineups, there was not one day that we have had the same lineup two days in a row. Not only can that change the roles of the players in the lineup, it doesn't give players that are consistently sitting a chance to get things going. Its early in the season, sometimes you just need to play. I know the options aren't the best, but there is no reason Omar and Kotsay need to be inserted into the lineup this much, and I don't care if a lefty or rightly is pitching against us.

Kotsay looked awesome against Carmona in Game 2, so I can see why he's starting again...not! This is insane by Ozzie, but then again, who didn't know that Kotsay and Vizquel would get too many at bats this season?

Edited by fathom