Have you ever gone to a game by yourself?

dmbjeff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
I really want to go to the game tonight, but I have no one to go with. Has anyone ever gone by themselves? Is this socially acceptable?

as long as you keep your pants on i think its ok.

i went to an afternoon game once by myself. it was cool.

I LOVE going to games (and concerts) by myself.

No one else's schedules, preferences, etc. to take into account.

Come and go as I please, get to the park really early, leave when I want.

I prefer it.

If I was a movie person, I'd go to those alone as well.

I usually only go to a movie that my wife or daughter want to see, so no solo movie days for me.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
I LOVE going to games (and concerts) by myself.

No one else's schedules, preferences, etc. to take into account.

Come and go as I please, get to the park really early, leave when I want.

I prefer it.

If I was a movie person, I'd go to those alone as well.

I usually only go to a movie that my wife or daughter want to see, so no solo movie days for me.

I would prefer to go with a buddy but I agree with Critic. It's cool going alone for all the reasons he listed above.

I go to matinee movies on my days off alone. Its awesome. Nobody else really in the theatres, especially kids to annoy you.

Yes. I went to games by myself a lot in the late 60's and early 70's and always had a blast. One time I sat practically right next to Harry Caray when he was broadcasting a game from the centerfield bleachers....good times!

Go have a great time and for sure as docsox24 said, keep your pants on.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
Yes. I went to games by myself a lot in the late 60's and early 70's and always had a blast. One time I sat practically right next to Harry Caray when he was broadcasting a game from the centerfield bleachers....good times!

Go have a great time and for sure as docsox24 said, keep your pants on.

With 50 degree game time temp, I will definetly be keeping the pants on. LOL

Last year I saw a listing on Craigslist for a single ticket during the weekend for a front row sec 119 White Sox v Yankees game for face value. I had no problem going alone to that one, I actually talked with the three ladies that sold it to me the whole time. It was fun. They ended up calling me later in the season for the same awesome seat too.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
With 50 degree game time temp, I will definetly be keeping the pants on. LOL

i went to the sugar ray leonard marvin hagler fight by myself when i was in college. leonard was my favorite fighter and i couldnt find anyone to go with me because they didn't want to pay the money. i ended up getting a seat in the 3rd row because they had a single seat and sat next to some big time bookie and had a great time seeing the fight and talking the to guy about all the shady stuff he does.

I don't really want to start another thread...should I buy a good seat on StubHub or buy a decent seat on TM using a code for half off...basically i spend a few bucks more on TM but I know the Sox are getting more money this way than me buying tixs from someone with extras, thus helping payroll. any opinions?

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)
I don't really want to start another thread...should I buy a good seat on StubHub or buy a decent seat on TM using a code for half off...basically i spend a few bucks more on TM but I know the Sox are getting more money this way than me buying tixs from someone with extras, thus helping payroll. any opinions?

I go for the best seat, especially if the difference is only a few bucks (not caring who is really getting the money).

I was supposed to meet people for a double header two years ago and they never showed. The first game was fun, but as I slowly got drunk in the sun and realized I was alone for 7 hours I began to feel a little depressed.

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
I was supposed to meet people for a double header two years ago and they never showed. The first game was fun, but as I slowly got drunk in the sun and realized I was alone for 7 hours I began to feel a little depressed.

You are never alone when you have beer. :headbang

I have always had a fear of going places alone cause I thought someone I knew would see me and make fun of me or look at me weird....which is f***ing retarded cause who really does that anyways? I know I wouldnt care if I seen someone some place alone.