Arizona requires you to carry your papers

Balta1701

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
I see that neither of you think that the judge getting threats is a bad thing.

who gives a f***? you can get death threats for just about anything if there is enough exposure. this judge is just an attention whore.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
who gives a f***? you can get death threats for just about anything if there is enough exposure. this judge is just an attention whore.

:lolhitting

Can you justify that beyond simply saying "she ruled in favor of non-white people"?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
:lolhitting

Can you justify that beyond simply saying "she ruled in favor of non-white people"?

Tea party, baby. Racists! Homophobes! Crazy right wing nuts! Immygrants and Amnesty!

Really, justify for me why this judge is an attention hog. She's completely right on the merits of the clauses of the law she suspended; they're not likely to survive judicial review. She was recommended for the position by Senator Kyl. She's an Arizona judge, she didn't exactly request the case, she was the appropriate person to decide the case. Prior to this, none of us had ever heard of her before.

Basically I can't see any reason why she's an attention hog other than "She ruled in a way I don't like!!!"

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
Tea party, baby. Racists! Homophobes! Crazy right wing nuts! Immygrants and Amnesty!

this judge will be pitching a reality TV show next. someone posted that you were a traitor on the interwebs! time for a press release and star studded celebrity fundraiser.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 12:13 PM)
No one said she was an attention hog, nor did anyone defend any of the people that are giving her threats. So... (xxxxxxxxxx)...

Anyway...

Ok, this one is fairly bizarre to me. Did you miss this post?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)

I mean, I suppose you're right, no one said she was an attention hog, he said she was an attention whore. But that's kinda worse.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
No one's defending her getting death threats, but you guys sure are being dismissive of it.

So we are not sufficiently repentant enough for you because we are not working up some manufactured outrage directed at a whole group because of a few whackos that may or may not have anything to do with them? Evil f*cking racist teabaggers!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Eh, no. Maybe you should stop assUMIng things!

Unless you care to clarify what you had said, there is no assuming at all. You attribute to a few posters here the attitude of uncaring about the threats simply because we are not loudly denouncing them. So in your words, because we didn't say 'sorry' for what a few assholes did, we bad, too. Is that wrong? If so, please expand upon tour writings.

Go back and read your and mr. genius' apologia over the death threats. Maybe it was people that think she didn't go far enough! It doesn't matter anyway because she was an attention whore and people get death threats all the time! It wasn't because of a lack of :dinorage: but because of the statements you made making excuses for it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Go back and read your and mr. genius' apologia over the death threats. Maybe it was people that think she didn't go far enough! It doesn't matter anyway because she was an attention whore and people get death threats all the time! It wasn't because of a lack of :dinorage: but because of the statements you made making excuses for it.

I never made an excuse for it. I merely pointed out that the assumption that it was the evil racist teabaggers that did it could be wrong. I never made excuses for someone making death threats. People who go that far really need to have their heads examined.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Ok, this one is fairly bizarre to me. Did you miss this post?

I mean, I suppose you're right, no one said she was an attention hog, he said she was an attention whore. But that's kinda worse.

Yes, I missed it. :lol:

So, my larger point still stands.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
I never made an excuse for it. I merely pointed out that the assumption that it was the evil racist teabaggers that did it could be wrong. I never made excuses for someone making death threats. People who go that far really need to have their heads examined.

You guys were the first to bring up the tea baggers.

I think a ton of people don't realize it's just not the Mexicans down here. Arizona is a noted hotbed for entry other people as well...notably terrorists. But the thing that torques people in AZ is all the illegals that receive all the medical benefits and such for free and things such as that. Hell...I had my 1-year old Durango stolen by a 15 year old illegal who rammed it into a pregnant lady trying to get away. I spoke with the Asst. Country Attn. who basically said he wastes so much time with crap like this because they don't do crap to these people. He got placed under house arrest with a relative...and did the same thing 3 months later. They're lucky he didn't kill somebody because his psych profile indicated he had the mental capacity of a 9 year old...and was a drug abuser.

Hey...I have no problem with Mexicans coming up here and doing the work that lazy-ass Americans won't do...none at all. I had an interesting convo with a guy that runs a convenience store next to my house who is from Lebanon (I think). He said what they do back there is people have to register and can go into say Syria with work permits which are renewed in like a 6 month period. They pay a flat tax to go into another country and work. Makes pretty good sense to me!!! There's ton's of law-abiding illegals here...but there are many more scum that ruins for those people. So before all the bleeding hearts go up in arms about this law...move and live in AZ for a while. And it's just not AZ. Our federal govt hasn't done jack squat. I voted Democrat (unfortunately...actually Hillary)...but tell you what...I'm done with this pansy-ass PC administration!

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 2, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
I think a ton of people don't realize it's just not the Mexicans down here. Arizona is a noted hotbed for entry other people as well...notably terrorists.

I was worried about this for years. But here's the counterpoint...and it's one I can't avoid...can you cite a single example anywhere of this actually happening?