5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

QUOTE (skidoochic @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
The real question is WHY aren't the Sox hitting????? Is it Walker? Is there too much pressure on the guys (like Beckham)? (I know he should be able to handle it). I think for A.J. he just needs to be more patient at the plate. Any thoughts?

This may sound stupid..but just bad luck? IMO...the hitting coach has little to do with it. We have a historic low BABIP because of bad luck and so many HR. Obviously they won't be a top 10 offense but if things even out they should be slightly below middle of the pack.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
That'd be great, considering he'd be lucky to get 12 ab's every 2 weeks.

Hense why I said "still in contention." Obviously that means A.J. is still here at catcher. If we were out of it (like many think we already are now) than Flowers should be here.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
For a guy who doesn't K that much, Pierre already has more K's than A.J.

Yes, but neither guy K's a lot. Hard to complain about that with either of them. If we only score in 2 innings during these 2 games, I don't mind the sweep. This park with these conditions is brutal for our homer or nothing team.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
This may sound stupid..but just bad luck? IMO...the hitting coach has little to do with it. We have a historic low BABIP because of bad luck and so many HR. Obviously they won't be a top 10 offense but if things even out they should be slightly below middle of the pack.

But does everyone really feel like we're hitting into bad luck? Only Rios, Konerko, and Quentin seem to hit line drives for outs. Beckham, Pierre, Teahen, and AJP haven't been robbed all season it seems like.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Hense why I said "still in contention." Obviously that means A.J. is still here at catcher. If we were out of it (like many think we already are now) than Flowers should be here.

If we firesale it and have a taker for AJ, I'm not going to object at all to seeing Flowers (after June 1 that is).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Yes, but neither guy K's a lot. Hard to complain about that with either of them. .

Naw it is still very easy to complain about Pierre for me fathom. :D But ya I more or less posted that to get a rise.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
There are plenty of things to complain about concerning this team.

Juan Pierre's 7 strikeouts all year, not so much one of them.

Ha.. seems to be working. :)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Yes, but neither guy K's a lot. Hard to complain about that with either of them. If we only score in 2 innings during these 2 games, I don't mind the sweep. This park with these conditions is brutal for our homer or nothing team.

Agreed. Also, it's not like the Twins are scoring a ton of runs in these 2 games. For once the conditions are a reason for an offensive slow down.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
But does everyone really feel like we're hitting into bad luck? Only Rios, Konerko, and Quentin seem to hit line drives for outs. Beckham, Pierre, Teahen, and AJP haven't been robbed all season it seems like.

We're 30 out of 30 clubs in the big leagues in strikeouts coming into today. 13 fewer than the Yankees. We're putting the ball in play.

Looking at the box score, and there are 4 players among the Sox starting 9 with sub-.200 batting averages. Further, only three players are above .226, 2 above .252. Yuck. That is awful for mid-May, but I suppose it means we're likely to see some nice comebacks from the offense soon.

Pierre at .252? I didn't notice how much he'd improved that lately.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)

Could be, but historically, A.J.'s a pretty good hitter. I wonder if it is his contract that is bringing him down. Maybe when the weather gets warmer Beckham and Quentin will get better. I don't know much about Kotsay, but whoever said earlier to bring back Juan Uribe - I would second that motion! Uribe was AWESOME!!!!

Anyway, SOMETHING has changed and caused these guys to suck.