5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Looking at the box score, and there are 4 players among the Sox starting 9 with sub-.200 batting averages. Further, only three players are above .226, 2 above .252. Yuck. That is awful for mid-May, but I suppose it means we're likely to see some nice comebacks from the offense soon.

Pierre at .252? I didn't notice how much he'd improved that lately.

He's hitting about .400 over the last week and .362 in May.

Does anyone have the feeling we're going to touch up Rauch?

Intuition? Doesn't seem likely based on the box score and results so far in this game.

Feels like 8 GB and we're blowing up the club again, 6 GB and we're printing playoff tix. (Yes, hyperbole, I know...)

Edited by caulfield12

This team really is destined to sit around 5 games below .500 for the season as the offense just can not get anything going consistently. Kotsay should never play due to a match up as match ups are irrelevant with him. He also should never bat 5th but ozeroo keeps slotting him there. As bad as Quentin is going, There was no reason to play kotsay over him for matchup purposes which was the origianl intent.

This is one of the most lop-sided strikezone I've seen in awhile. Pavano was getting calls all over the outside of the plate, Danks and Santos arent getting calls right over the middle of the plate. Shoot, Pierre K'ed on one that went by his shoulder.