NBA Offseason Thread

I wouldnt be surprised to see no other NBA team willing to trade for Beasley at this point.

I also would pick the field against Miami, would not pick them to win 72 games and believe you are about to see some other teams try and make some moves to compete against this.

One thing that bothers me about all the LeBron bashing is this...

Who among us would be ripping on LeBron if the three had them had chosen the Bulls instead to pull this off with?

I can only imagine the ingenuity that would be on display in defense of LeBron, had that been the case...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)

Who among us would be ripping on LeBron if the three had them had chosen the Bulls instead to pull this off with?

I can only imagine the ingenuity that would be on display in defense of LeBron, had that been the case...

Frankly, I'd have hated it if they'd tried this on the Bulls, and I'm pretty sure I said so earlier in this thread. I wouldn't have wanted Wade and Lebron. Lebron and Bosh I could have gone with, but that isnt' a guaranteed league owning team. Ditto Wade and Bosh.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)

I would have been thrilled as a Bulls fan, but I also would have not been able to ignore the perception by a lot of people that is going on.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)

chicagoans like to suck on sour lemons :)

Yeah, it's also easy to say that now.

I can admit I would probably have been on here saying that we should respect the guy for choosing winning above all else...

I love what Stu Scott said his friend just texted him..."Did Michael Jordan join the Pistons? No. He stayed with the Bulls til he beat them."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
So I wonder if the rumor that Bosh, Wade, LeBron and Paul decided to play together at the 2008 Olympics was true and we see Paul join that team in the next couple of years as well.

unless he's willing to take a big discount in pay it would be hard, and that's under the current CBA, the next one will be tougher on things like this IMO... my guess would be a harder cap with an expansion of the bird rule basically letting you sign your own FA for a vast amount more money than any other team without it hitting the luxury tax.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
So I wonder if the rumor that Bosh, Wade, LeBron and Paul decided to play together at the 2008 Olympics was true and we see Paul join that team in the next couple of years as well.

I'd put money on it. Paul will be the point guard on that team at some point. Miami is going to be dynasty on the order of the Russel Celtics.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
I'd put money on it. Paul will be the point guard on that team at some point. Miami is going to be dynasty on the order of the Russel Celtics.

again, I think you are going to have a lot of the have not owners joined by some of the have owners really take a stand against this sort of thing in the new CBA

Winshares had the trio at 41.1 wins for last season. That means the remaining roster has to make up 30+ wins, no way. Since the regular season is a complete joke, they will get 60 wins, but 72, I doubt it. Wade and Bosh would have to stay healthy and play in at least 80 to do that, and I doubt that happens. They will definitely be a top 3 team in the East, but I don't see them ever achieving 70+ wins.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Yes. Between minimum salary players and the fact that they're certain to deal Beasley now to fill another hole, I wouldn't be surprised if 72 wins fell.

How would choosing the Knicks, Cavs, Nets, Bulls be at all comparable to Miami?

On each of those teams Lebron is the man.

On Miami Wade is the man.

He choose to be a follower instead of a leader.

In terms of respect, I would have gone 1) Cleveland, 2) Knicks/Nets/Clippers, 3) Bulls, 4) Miami.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Winshares had the trio at 41.1 wins for last season. That means the remaining roster has to make up 30+ wins, no way. Since the regular season is a complete joke, they will get 60 wins, but 72, I doubt it. Wade and Bosh would have to stay healthy and play in at least 80 to do that, and I doubt that happens. They will definitely be a top 3 team in the East, but I don't see them ever achieving 70+ wins.

So, you're telling me that if you did nothing but Take Lebron away from Cleveland and Wade away from Miami, they'd only lose 40 wins between the 2?

So Cleveland wouldn't go from being a 60 win team to a 20 win team?

Totally disagree.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
That is incredibly pathetic and unprofessional in my opinion.

So much, in fact, that I have a hard time believing it is authentic.

I agree about doubting it being real, but we also are not privy to what LBJ and his camp said to the Cavs, he could have blown smoke up their ass during the whole process, and that weird shift from Shaw to Scott at the last minute leads me to believe there was some LBJ influence and promises