Gamethread: White Sox(17-24) vs Marlins (22-21) 1:05 PM CSN

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
Does "Hawk Harrelson Night" mean we get to complain about the umps all night?

Not only that, but we MUST praise crappy players who don't even closely resemble the people they are compared to.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
We should all vote for Rios 20 times a day so he can be a starter in the ASG. He's deserved it so far.

Speaking of the ASG, we probably have 3 all stars this year in Rios, Danks and PK. That's not bad for such a s***ty team.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
Speaking of the ASG, we probably have 3 all stars this year in Rios, Danks and PK. That's not bad for such a s***ty team.

I bet PK won't make it. Teixeira will get voted the starter, and then Morneau/Cabrera will be the other two.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)

I know. The thing is, this team has had a group of guys play real well, and another group of guys play like absolute crap. So it makes sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
Perfect timing!

Ha. Wasn't it.

In addition to those "He Gone" shirts, they should make a "That was a strike to Paulie" shirt.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
I bet PK won't make it. Teixeira will get voted the starter, and then Morneau/Cabrera will be the other two.

I hate that you're right, since Tex has done nothing to deserve it so far. It won't last but screw that guy.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
I would think Danks, Rios, and Thornton should all make it. Paulie is having a great year but Morneau and Cabrera deserve to be there.

almost zero chance for Thornton. He's actually have a good but not spectacular season, and he's not a closer. How many non-closer relievers make the ASG?

QUOTE (Real @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
who are the top 3 outfielders in terms of offense in the AL?

is rios in the conversation?

Thus far, he is. But based on reputation and past years, no.

QUOTE (Real @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
who are the top 3 outfielders in terms of offense in the AL?

is rios in the conversation?

Matters if you count Vlad as an outfielder. You have Wells and Ichiro and Vlad the top 3 offensively so far, but Rios isn't far behind.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
almost zero chance for Thornton. He's actually have a good but not spectacular season, and he's not a closer. How many non-closer relievers make the ASG?

Is Thornton even alive?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)

Good points. I remember Big Frank often being all star snubbed in the 90's despite him being deserving. I just think Paulie has another 2-3 HR in May in him and about 6 HR in June. That would out him at about 22HR and quite possibly still leading the league. That is tough to not select.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Matters if you count Vlad as an outfielder. You have Wells and Ichiro and Vlad the top 3 offensively so far, but Rios isn't far behind.

Yankee bias gets Gardner up there. Maggs is up there as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Sox pitching has gone 18 innings without allowing a single run.

Gotta love the NL. With the Cardinals starting pitching falling apart, be interesting if they get interested in Buehrle come June/July.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 22, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Sox pitching has gone 18 innings without allowing a single run.

impressive....the pitching staff is what will carry us if we get back into this thing. in order to run off a long winning streak, it is all about the pitching having good performances.