TCQ's batting stance

JohnCangelosi

You do know why he changed his stance right? (It's not even that much different, he's just straight away now which is better for hitters anyway)... its because it wasn't working anymore. If his old stance and approach still worked for him, do you think he would have changed it?

QUOTE (since56 @ May 29, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
He can't risk getting hit on that wrist. Look at how few times he has been hit compared to past years.

He didn't get hit in the wrist, he slammed his hand against the bat. In fact, I don't ever remember him being hit on the wrist.

That being said, I think it's more of a mental thing for Q than his stance right now.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
I want the old TCQ back!!!!!! :bringit

I love the "Q" but one might ask the question, "who and what is the old TCQ?" The 36 homer/100 RBI guy or a hard swinger with minimal contact? I hope for the former.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
He needs to stand on the plate. He is so far off, anytime he tries to pull the ball, he ends up hitting it off the end of the bat.

I've seen it too and that is probbaly a reaction to being hit don't you think? Plus you wonder about the foor injury and such if it hasn't messed with his mind and approach

I pointed this out some time ago, but worth mentioning again here:

He stopped extending the thumb on his top hand.

I've never seen another hitter do that, but he had been doing it consistently for as long as I can remember.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 29, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
I pointed this out some time ago, but worth mentioning again here:

He stopped extending the thumb on his top hand.

I've never seen another hitter do that, but he had been doing it consistently for as long as I can remember.

Interesting observation

QUOTE (since56 @ May 29, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I didn't say he got hit on the wrist. I said he can't risk getting hit there since the wrist injury. Come to think of it he hasn't been the same since. Never healed right?

He had a few weeks at the start of last year and at the end of last year when the foot didn't seem to be bothering him when he was just destroying the ball.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 30, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
That's what the story was.

Was there something more obscure?

There were more than a few writers who said that if it had been an accident, rather than something he did to himself, they'd have voted for him as MVP, but they couldn't vote for a guy who hurt his team the way Q did as the MVP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Was there something more obscure?

There were more than a few writers who said that if it had been an accident, rather than something he did to himself, they'd have voted for him as MVP, but they couldn't vote for a guy who hurt his team the way Q did as the MVP.

Supposedly punching his bat was a coverup and he punched his locker or something else instead, or atleast that's what I recall.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 30, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
It would benefit Quentin if he didn't try and pull everything. I want to throw up everytime I see a batter trying to pull every single pitch. Needless to say, I've wanted to throw up for a long time now.

Do it and get over it so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

I noticed today that he has gone back to extending the thumb on his top hand. He presses his extended thumb right up against the bat.

He also looked like he was in his deeper crouch. Now if he would just get a little closer to the plate, he would be back to his old stance.