2010 Summer TV Thread

Brian

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all, thought this was an extremely boring season of Hard Knocks. They didn't focus on individual players enough, so it made it hard to care about anyone in particular. The Jets GM might be the biggest dork working in sports. For all the talk of D. Woodhead leading up to final cuts, they really should have had a meeting or reaction from him after he knew he made the roster.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 06:36 AM)
Another great episode of Mad Men last night. This may the best season yet.

Agreed. When Betty becomes tolerable and someone has a redeaming quality at the end, it is interesting.

Don rejecting a One Night Stand? WTF? I used to look up to that man.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
Agreed. When Betty becomes tolerable and someone has a redeaming quality at the end, it is interesting.

Don rejecting a One Night Stand? WTF? I used to look up to that man.

I think he's trying to change his ways, thinking there might be a future with the doctor.

Don has come across as quite an ass in a few episodes. Then last week's episode started showing a change.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
Probably because more stuff happened in one episode than some shows do in half a season!

True. Plus it was an extended episode. This is a great show, and the energy so far through the first episode is high. Jax isn't brooding and contemplating, he's kicking ass. Plus, as far as I'm concerned, I have no problem watching anything with Maggie Siff.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
I think he's trying to change his ways, thinking there might be a future with the doctor.

Don has come across as quite an ass in a few episodes. Then last week's episode started showing a change.

Last weeks Peggy v. Don was the best moment in the series so far IMO.

My complaint about this weeks episode was that it was too neatly wrapped up (along with the other odd stylistic things they did...the voiceover, the weird perspective when Don is drinking at work....add that to the horrible ghost scene from an episode or two ago and they're really making some odd filming choices). We went 7.75 episodes with Betty being this child about everything, hating everything about Don, and then at the very end she's finally ok with it? Just like that? I don't buy it.

Don's "transformation" was a little better, but I still feel like we went through a LOT of negative before we got to the quick turnaround. At least with his storyline you could see him slowly climbing out of that hole he dug himself into, and this episode in particular was all about realizing he needs to change and grow. But Betty had none of that. She had a moment at dinner where she acted as she normally would, she was scolded by Henry, encouraged by her neighbor, and then suddenly that line that she has everything and Don has nothing flipped the switch? Meh.

Also, I tend to have a strong reaction when anyone gangs up on Peggy. I grew to dislike Joan in this episode, even though I could sympathize with her position.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:07 AM)
Last weeks Peggy v. Don was the best moment in the series so far IMO.

My complaint about this weeks episode was that it was too neatly wrapped up (along with the other odd stylistic things they did...the voiceover, the weird perspective when Don is drinking at work....add that to the horrible ghost scene from an episode or two ago and they're really making some odd filming choices). We went 7.75 episodes with Betty being this child about everything, hating everything about Don, and then at the very end she's finally ok with it? Just like that? I don't buy it.

Don's "transformation" was a little better, but I still feel like we went through a LOT of negative before we got to the quick turnaround. At least with his storyline you could see him slowly climbing out of that hole he dug himself into, and this episode in particular was all about realizing he needs to change and grow. But Betty had none of that. She had a moment at dinner where she acted as she normally would, she was scolded by Henry, encouraged by her neighbor, and then suddenly that line that she has everything and Don has nothing flipped the switch? Meh.

Also, I tend to have a strong reaction when anyone gangs up on Peggy. I grew to dislike Joan in this episode, even though I could sympathize with her position.

I couldn't agree more. You're right about the Peggy v. Don episode. Betty's character always pissed me off. She had every right to be angry at Don, but she was so childish about it. And her mothering skills are not very good. I suspect we will see more of the friction between her and Don. I find it hard to believe that she turned that page so quick, like you said.

Don's decline was quick and he stayed down there for quite a while. We really saw a bad side of him, and I'm glad we're seeing a turnaround. But, again I suspect he'll have some hiccups along the way.

Joan's reaction to what Peggy did was not what I would have suspected. She acted like she had solved it, but you know that it would have continued after she basically told them they'll all die in Vietnam. That guy should have been fired, and I'm glad Peggy did.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
I thought the season finale of entourage was great.

I was really meh on it, the whole rising to the top and than drugs bringing him down is boring and completely uncreative.... Also the whole Ari thing is such bulls***... 2 women want to end his career in embarassment and both all of a sudden decide to do the right thing but yet both times it blows up in his face completely anyways.

Another great SOA episode.

I love how many angles they have, but did they really need to add the Guatamalen (sp?) drama too, I think that kind of goes over the top becuase from the previews for next week s*** gets out of hand there (which you know would happen). I think they had plenty with just the Mayans, Abel, and Gemma being gone anyways, but watevs I still love the show.