06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
Do you know what we were in the first half of year vs second half of year last season?

Pre all-star, the Sox were 11th in the AL in Runs. Post all star, they were 13th.

Compared even to just the 1st half offense last year...this year's sox offense is outhitting them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
I agree. I don't think even the biggest pessimist would have thought things would go as bad as they have, but realistically this is an average team at best which is where most of the projections place them. Not the World Series contender KW made them out to be.

Well, we were widely predicted to perform much better than this.

If you have the Extra Innings package all the other team's broadcasters are shocked at how we have played with this pitching staff. Fathom, I am sure you have heard it.

Let's face it. The Sox have become the Royals.

Minnie is dusting off KC tonight; Detroit is killing the Sox.

We are an afterthought, a lousy team.

I assume even the immortal Thornton sucked tonight for some reason.

The Sox playing at home are hilariously bad.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Well, we were widely predicted to perform much better than this.

If you have the Extra Innings package all the other team's broadcasters are shocked at how we have played with this pitching staff. Fathom, I am sure you have heard it.

Average is much better than this.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
Pre all-star, the Sox were 11th in the AL in Runs. Post all star, they were 13th.

Compared even to just the 1st half offense last year...this year's sox offense is outhitting them.

Feint praise, unfortunately.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)

Fine.

The Sox's offense this year is barely, barely below the relative offense output of the 2005 world series champs. They finished the season 9th in offense; we're 10th right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Fine.

The Sox's offense this year is barely, barely below the relative offense output of the 2005 world series champs. They finished the season 9th in offense; we're 10th right now.

Plus a very low BABIP. The Sox are just unlucky.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Fine.

Well then, appropriate for "Hawk Harrelson Night", to that I'd say "Don't tell me what you hit. Tell me when you hit it."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:57 AM)
Fine.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)

It's not praise. It's pointing out where the blame should be going. This season isn't Vizquel's fault, or Kostay's fault, or Teahen's fault, or Pierre's fault. If you want to talk about the offense, talk about the people who are genuinely sucking, or go to the pitching staff. These whipping boys are doing exactly what they should be doing.

White Sox pitching was #2 in ERA in the AL last year and I beleive the starters were #1. That team wasn't even .500. I don't know if anyone reads the Bill James book with projections every year. Usually he has some wild numbers. He did have Freddy Garcia having the lowest ERA of Sox starters this year with an ERA in the low 4s