06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
What you're arguing isn't necessarily "protection theory."

You're arguing that that lineup is just brutal on a pitcher and will wear him down because of all the high-leverage situations a pitcher will find himself in.

Those are two different things.

Alright then. I just know I'm not one pining for Nick Swisher. He's just not that good to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
So, you've declared the Peavy trade "Horrible".

I don't understand the question. What does Peavy have to do with Swisher?

I know what you meant now. I meant "both" trades as in what we traded to get Swisher and what we got in return when we traded him away.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Alright then. I just know I'm not one pining for Nick Swisher. He's just not that good to me.

I know you never said protection theory yourself...I was just jumping in to clarify what you were saying....

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:18 AM)
Outside of Bobby Jenks.....nobody in this bullpen is currently giving us a strong chance to win.

Yeah, Putz is getting rocked right now. The length to which Jenks apologists will go is pathetic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Wow, Thornton absolutely sucks right now. I'd say blow it up, but we know we are anyways. Positive of tonight is Gavin was good. Negative is that Quentin and Beckham continue to suck.

Someone tell Quentin that when he has a 3-0 count, to just swing at the next pitch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:21 AM)
If you'e going to be bad, be REALLY bad. Being really bad is why the Nationals are the envy of baseball right now.

Oh shut up, it's important to win so that the 5,000k in attendance in August are happy! They could lose every game the rest of the way, and it would be the best thing that could happen.