06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

Gavin Floyd, 2-6, 6.64 ERA, seeks to straighten himself out against a Tigers team which he has owned over the course of his career. Floyd is 5-0 lifetime against the kitties with a 3.34 ERA and the White Sox are 10-2 against the Tigers when Floyd starts against Detroit, including 6-0 in US Cellular Field.

Armando Galarraga makes his first start since his controversial "almost" perfect game, a Jim Joyce away from putting himself into the record books. Galarraga is 2-1 with a nifty 2.57 ERA this season, but is a lackluster 1-2 and 5.06 against the White Sox in three career starts and two relief appearances.

The White Sox are 1-0 against the Tigers thus far this season, taking the sole contest of a scheduled two-game series that was cut in half by Mother Nature last month in Detroit. The White Sox took that game by a score of 6-2. Detroit is 12-17 on the road, and lost 5 of 9 in Chicago last season. Meanwhile, the White Sox look to get their home mojo going, where they are only 13-17 at home this season.

Edited by iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks to be a rainout tonight, seems to be raining all night on weather.com. i am going to tomorrow night's game and am hoping to see galarraga. I am also excited to scurry down to the bullpen sports bar when we are down 6 after 3 innings to watch the hawks game.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I sure hope we finally have a starting pitcher step up other than Freddie. FG needs some help and can't do it all alone

Freddy is pitching for a trade. He has put together a decent season. Minus a few games where he was garbage he has been a very good 5th starter for us. Given his cheap salary, I could definetly see him traded to a team needing a cheap 5th starter. Put him in a pitchers park or in the NL he could provide alot of value for a team. We could maybe even get back a so-so prospect for him.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Anyone wish Chris Sale could be traded, right now? Mike Lowell is a tempting vetetan bat for the heart of this order.

No, but that would be pretty awesome if he could do a Mike Leake impersonation and be ready by OD next season...:)

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Freddy is pitching for a trade. He has put together a decent season. Minus a few games where he was garbage he has been a very good 5th starter for us. Given his cheap salary, I could definetly see him traded to a team needing a cheap 5th starter. Put him in a pitchers park or in the NL he could provide alot of value for a team. We could maybe even get back a so-so prospect for him.

Freddy will stay with the Sox as long as Guillen is here. He is cheap and gives you innings they will not get anything better back in return.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Freddy will stay with the Sox as long as Guillen is here. He is cheap and gives you innings they will not get anything better back in return.

You could easily get a C+ to B level prospect back for Freddy in a trade.

Hawk Harrelson Night tonight at the Cell. I'm excited.

As much of a homer as he is, I grew up listening to him and you have to appreciate just how much he loves the WhiteSox. He, as well as Pat Foley, is the reason I'm a broadcast major.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)

As much of a homer as he is, I grew up listening to him and you have to appreciate just how much he loves the WhiteSox. He, as well as Pat Foley, is the reason I'm a broadcast major.

The Hawk - eh - roo

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)

You're majoring in unemployment?

:lolhitting

Kidding!!!

:gosox3:

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)

If you can get a middlie infielder with some upside, like the Rays did when they got Zobrist, why not? The Sox have very little to speak of in the minors at SS and 2B, see if you can get a blocked guy at AA or a guy from single A that has upside but need 3 years to develop still.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
If you can get a middlie infielder with some upside, like the Rays did when they got Zobrist, why not? The Sox have very little to speak of in the minors at SS and 2B, see if you can get a blocked guy at AA or a guy from single A that has upside but need 3 years to develop still.

There must have been no one available they liked as I am surprised we didn't go for an infield bat in the second round, but I guess it's like they say, you can always trade good pitching for good hitting...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)

:headbang