06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Location, location, location. Richard's pitching in the most extreme pitcher friendly park in a vastly inferior league. Swisher's in a lineup that sports multiple HOFs, all-stars and MVP candidates.

I thought the whole protection argument was pretty much moot.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
Location, location, location. Richard's pitching in the most extreme pitcher friendly park in a vastly inferior league. Swisher's in a lineup that sports multiple HOFs, all-stars and MVP candidates.

It still sucks to see them go off and be as good as they have been when they didnt do crap for us..

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Oh believe me, I understand the league differential/location factor...I just wish KW did. :lolhitting

Really, the idea that Peavy can't pitch in the AL still isn't right.

You don't win the pitching triple crown on a weak team because of ballpark factor.

We just don't have that Peavy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:10 AM)
Really, the idea that Peavy can't pitch in the AL still isn't right.

You don't win the pitching triple crown on a weak team because of ballpark factor.

But why does that park not factor into his success among people on here, but Richard's success is all cause of the park?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
But why does that park not factor into his success among people on here, but Richard's success is all cause of the park?

I never said it was. I think Richard's a good pitcher. I thought that while y'all were ripping him last year before he got in that groove that raised his trade value.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:12 AM)
I never said it was. I think Richard's a good pitcher. I thought that while y'all were ripping him last year before he got in that groove that raised his trade value.

I was a fan of his also, and I also said at the time Richard would be a better pitcher than Buehrle over the next 3 seasons. Hopefully Buerhle can prove me wrong.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Fun fact: to this day, Ga Tech/Paul Hewitt apologists blame Austin Jackson for the downfall of the basketball program.

I blame it on the fact that Hewitt is an awful coach

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
I don't. Put him in our lineup and I see a big difference.

What you're arguing isn't necessarily "protection theory."

You're arguing that that lineup is just brutal on a pitcher and will wear him down because of all the high-leverage situations a pitcher will find himself in.

Those are two different things.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Over a large sample size, it'll end up evening out.

He's an alright player. Nothing even close to spectacular or all-star worthy. He's not as good as his numbers this year while he's not as bad as he was in 2008. Either way, both trades were terrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
He's an alright player. Nothing even close to spectacular or all-star worthy. He's not as good as his numbers this year while he's not as bad as he was in 2008. Either way, both trades were terrible.

So, you've declared the Peavy trade "Horrible".