06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
We have "shouldn't be in the majors" Beckham tonight. He's opening up so much, and literally has no prayer of hitting that slider.

When you're the GM and making plans for 2011, still trying to compete, is Beckham your starting 2B ?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)
When you're the GM and making plans for 2011, still trying to compete, is Beckham your starting 2B ?

It matters what he does the rest of this season. As of right now, yes he is. If he goes the rest of the season though showing no signs of improving and no extra base ability, then no.

I drop my jaw at the Chris Berman video and Hawk telling them at the time they were doing a great job. What a sham. Berman and that crew were so one sided those 3 games. It was a joke.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I drop my jaw at the Chris Berman video and Hawk telling them at the time they were doing a great job. What a sham. Berman and that crew were so one sided those 3 games. It was a joke.

Only made it more sweet, my brotha.

If he eventually becomes a bust on the level of Brian Anderson, I'll agree with your statement. I'm not ready to rule him out as a very good player -someday.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
GB has taught me for the final time to never get too hype over a White Sox prospect.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:42 AM)
If he eventually becomes a bust on the level of Brian Anderson, I'll agree with your statement. I'm not ready to rule him out as a very good player -someday.

Agreed, but this season has made Josh Fields' season last year look dominate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
How about Albert Belle's huge year?

Yeah, that was a monster season he had in 98'. However, I always forget it because so much of the damage that year came after we were out of contention.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
Yeah, that was a monster season he had in 98'. However, I always forget it because so much of the damage that year came after we were out of contention.

I'm amazed at Rios stolen base numbers more than anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)

Belle didn't have the speed game though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)

I'm in no way giving up on Beckham. It's just really deflating when a franchise that's been as inept as the White Sox have been as far as developing their own legitimate minor league talent that a seemingly "sure thing" completely and utterly falls on his face. In a season of extreme disappointment, nobody has signified that more than Gordon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)

Why is that "amazing"?

First, he's on base more than he has been in recent years.

Second, he's got a manger who not only is giving him the green light, but is telling him to get running, as opposed to being conservative.

If you're shooting for an 80% stolen base clip, you're going to steal a lot more bases than you will if you shoot for a 95% stolen base clip.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:53 AM)
I'm in no way giving up on Beckham. It's just really deflating when a franchise that's been as inept as the White Sox have been as far as developing their own legitimate minor league talent that a seemingly "sure thing" completely and utterly falls on his face. In a season of extreme disappointment, nobody has signified that more than Gordon.

He's gone from someone who some thought could be an MVP contender (that was just silly though) to one of the worst everyday starters in baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:54 AM)
Why is that "amazing"?

First, he's on base more than he has been in recent years.

Second, he's got a manger who not only is giving him the green light, but is telling him to get running, as opposed to being conservative.

If you're shooting for an 80% stolen base clip, you're going to steal a lot more bases than you will if you shoot for a 95% stolen base clip.

He's easily safe more than anyone on our team. He's not the fastest guy, he just has a great feel for it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)

Well that's what I was referring to when I said most complete.

He's on pace for .318/.377/.590 34 HRs/83 RBI/ 109 R/ 51 SBs all while playing stellar defense in CF

His only weakness has been his BA w/RISP