06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:10 AM)
How has Walker not been scapegoated yet? I'm not saying he deserves all the blame, but i would have thought someone would have taken the fall for this.

Hopefully it's a package deal and they're all gone.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
How has Walker not been scapegoated yet? I'm not saying he deserves all the blame, but i would have thought someone would have taken the fall for this.

Bringing in new coaches isn't the answer. You need different players. See Mazzone, Leo and Jaramillo, Rudy as a couple examples of guys given a ton of money sent to bad situations. See what happens when the talent level isn't up to par.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:15 AM)
Bringing in new coaches isn't the answer. You need different players. See Mazzone, Leo and Jaramillo, Rudy as a couple examples of guys given a ton of money sent to bad situations. See what happens when the talent level isn't up to par.

No Orioles pitching coach will be good when their pitchers have to face the AL East teams so often.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)

I'm just amazed that no one has been given the boot yet. We've been terrible nearly all year and the only player we lost was Lucy. I'm not saying that a change would make us better, i'm just saying that i expected one to have been made at this point.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
No Orioles pitching coach will be good when their pitchers have to face the AL East teams so often.

If they had good pitchers they would be OK. I think the Cubs have scored fewer runs than the White Sox this year. They went through 2 hitting coaches last year, give Rudy big money and they have trouble scoring runs. If Leo had Maddux, Smoltz and Glavine in their primes with him in Baltimore they wouldn't have fired him with a year left on his contract.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
I'm just amazed that no one has been given the boot yet. We've been terrible nearly all year and the only player we lost was Lucy. I'm not saying that a change would make us better, i'm just saying that i expected one to have been made at this point.

I totally agree the lack of change is disgraceful, but if you're not going to change the players, nothing is going to change.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)

Cooper probably deserves to lose his job more than Walker. Freddy has become the ace.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
That 68-94 could look a lot worse if we start trading away veterans..

then again, it could improve too

Well there's almost no way the final record is going to matter since we won't make the playoff. Might as well find out!

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
I said before the season that Rios was going to be Walker's big project. It turns out that not only is Alex our best player, but he's one of the better position players all-around in the league. IMO Walker is fine, even though he's going to look even worse once Kenny starts shipping guys out.

And Walker was the one who completely reworked Rios' swing.....in one day.