06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
Wow, if you dont think Alexei has improve as a SS, check out that last play. Great range and a great throw.

Really good play, the throw was perfect too from such a difficult position.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
Really good play, the throw was perfect too from such a difficult position.

Reminded me of Don Kessinger, who played short for both the Sox and the Cubs once upon a time. He made many a spectacular play in the whole at short very similar to the one Alexei just did. And more often than not, Kess found a way to get the guy out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
Wow, if you dont think Alexei has improve as a SS, check out that last play. Great range and a great throw.

I totally agree. Too bad his bat has regressed considerably since '08. We'd be talking about one of the better all-around shortstops in baseball.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)
I totally agree. Too bad his bat has regressed considerably since '08. We'd be talking about one of the better all-around shortstops in baseball.

Has it?

Alexei could be a .280 10HR 20 doubles kind of guy

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Farmer was blasting Gavin in the top of the 2nd there, saying how poorly his pitch selection was out of the stretch.

He's always been better winding up. I'm just glad he didn't face Santiago out of the stretch.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
.677 OPS, 2/4 SB/SBA. He's gotten worse offensively for the second consecutive year.

Any chance he can get stats back to his rookie season and we will call last year 'soph slump' ?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
He's always been better winding up. I'm just glad he didn't face Santiago out of the stretch.

Maybe it's something the Great Don Cooper should work with him on? He's about to get himself in a ton of trouble here. Whenever Gavin pitches from the Floyd, everything seems to go outside to righties.