DID YOU KNOW?!?!

BrenBlackwood

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
Non-Voters are personally responsible for the slavery and lynchings in the south.. My college professor says so..

I wasn't aware those things were still going on.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
A female to male sex change is an addadictome.

My father told me that joke when I was like 8 or 9. Then he offered me a beer and gave me a machete to play with.

I"m stealing that for my facebook status!! BAAHAHAHAHA ..just thought you should know!! :)

Thank you for the laugh!!

Anyone ever heard of the Rhinoceros Party of Canada. These crazies did some funny stuff.

Building one nuclear power plant per household, including monthly distributions of lead underwear to Canadians. Indoor lighting would then be provided by radioactive citizens.

Adopting the British system of driving on the left; this was to be gradually phased in over five years with large trucks and tractors first, then buses, eventually including small cars and bicycles last.

Repealing the law of gravity

Providing higher education by building taller schools

Abolishing the environment because it's too hard to keep clean and it takes up so much space

Declaring war on Belgium because a Belgian cartoon character, Tintin, killed a rhinoceros in one of the cartoons

Counting the Thousand Islands to see if the Americans have stolen any

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinoceros_Party_of_Canada

There's a lot more crazy stuff in the wikipedia article. I know it's a wikipedia reference, but it's down right hilarious.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
I wasn't aware those things were still going on.

My Humanities teacher is so far left that shes fallen off of the flat side of the earth. Its pretty funny these ideas she comes up with, its like her own Al Gore fantasyland that she lives inside her head.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
The symbol on the "pound" key (#) is called an octothorpe.

That is awesome...I am going to start exclusively referring to it as the octothorpe and refuse to acknowledge this "pound key."

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
That is awesome...I am going to start exclusively referring to it as the octothorpe and refuse to acknowledge this "pound key."

I actually thought about this recently. I wondered why the "star key" had a name (asterisk), but the pound key didn't. I obviously didn't look into it.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
You could really screw with people on your voicemail. "Please press the octothorpe to skip this message"

I like it, and since one of the things I work on is phone systems like that, I'd laugh if they let me put a message like that in place. Maybe in our development environment... :)

"To continue, please press octothorpe"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
I scored the first run of the season for our softball season.

That is the most useless "fact" ever, right there.

BTW, our team is actually playing for the championship... it's a miracle.