2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
1st good thing John Scott has done all year.

Pretty much. Though I did find it funny watching him break 3 sticks (1 from a slash) on his first three shifts on the ice. :lol:

I love Stalberg BTW. One of my new personal favorite players.

One of my co-workers just told me this story:

Growing up, she lived down the street from Bobby Hull. The year Hull had his mouth wired shut, they froze over a park near their house, Hull brought a teammate and my co-workers brother was their goalie! He dad drove a bus for a good friend of Hulls and was with Hull in the locker room the year hull was wired shut.

So, yesterday my co-worker gets a phone call from her son's friend... he said he was sitting at a bar with Hull and he wanted to talk to her. They talked for 5 minutes remembering the old neighborhood.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 8, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
One of my co-workers just told me this story:

Growing up, she lived down the street from Bobby Hull. The year Hull had his mouth wired shut, they froze over a park near their house, Hull brought a teammate and my co-workers brother was their goalie! He dad drove a bus for a good friend of Hulls and was with Hull in the locker room the year hull was wired shut.

So, yesterday my co-worker gets a phone call from her son's friend... he said he was sitting at a bar with Hull and he wanted to talk to her. They talked for 5 minutes remembering the old neighborhood.

I was told a cool story this weekend by our club team's hockey coach, who is a former NHL player, about how his grandfather was an original investor in the Maple Leaf Gardens. He invested $6,500 because he was neighbors with Conn Smythe. Eventually some time down the road, his share was $1.5 million but he had no clue and was later given 40 grand and he thought he was rich.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
This is an awesome idea.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543059

NHL All-Star captains will "fantasy draft" their roster from pool of All-Stars. What a crazy awesome concept.

I absolutely love it. One of the few smart things the NHL has done recently.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
This is an awesome idea.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543059

NHL All-Star captains will "fantasy draft" their roster from pool of All-Stars. What a crazy awesome concept.

Meh. It might be cool to watch the captains "draft" the players, but it doesn't change the game all that much. It's still the best players in the league playing an exhibition "pick-up" game.

These mentals lapses are killing me, cruising along then just giving up two goals in like 30 or 40 seconds and losing. You know its going bad when your Norris Trophy winner has to be benched. They do need to score more than one goal at home against a backup G though.

I guess it could be worse, they could have New Jersey's $100 million man pulling this game ending move:

Shootout Fail

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
I like Stalberg. HUGE win for the Hawks tonight. They needed it.

Definitely, especially with how well the Ducks have been playing. 3 points over the weekend was nice, although would have preferred 4.

They really need to start off the road trip with a win at Edmonton. Oilers have 4 wins in 16 games, 2 of those at the UC. In the last week, they have lost 7-1, 6-2, & 8-2. They cannot lose a 3rd game to them.