Vacation, Where are you going?

Texsox

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
San Diego and then for the anniversary, New York City. We were going to go to Key West but I'm not a fan of tar balls.

Key West is kinda overrated. Wasn't a big fan, but I was only there for a day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Chicago (white sox game), NW Indiana, Sandusky OH, and Cleveland OH.

NW Indiana? Where, and mainly...why?

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
Taking the family to Alaska for two weeks.

The most beautiful place in the world that I have been to. The Kenai Peninsula is spectacular.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riveria Maya for a week for a friend's wedding in July.

Rafting for a few days in Western PA (youghiogheny river) in August.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Aside from the obvious heavenly destination in Sandusky, where else is on your list of places to go?

There's a nuke plant there?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Sounds pricey. :D

I've got a mate over there, so I'm planning to go over for a w/e to go boozing pretty much.

I actually just checked the currency amount to USD, the Danish Krone (at Noma it is 1095) would translate to $181. Shockingly, this seems pretty low to me compared to some of the other top restaurants. I am a semi-struggling working college student but I think I would stay in a couple weekends to save up some cash to eat there LOL

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
West London in December and hopefully Boston in August for the UFC fan expo/BJ Penn vs Frankie Edgar Fight..

If you like Lobster/Lobster Rolls, head over to the North End and get yourself a cold Lobster Roll and a side of Fries, AMAZING

I actually Google Image it sometimes to bring back memories of how good it was

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
I just got back yesterday from Hatteras, NC. Stopped on the way back to catch the sox in D.C. Had a great time.

I used to live on the Outer Banks. My parents still do. I love that area.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
I used to live on the Outer Banks. My parents still do. I love that area.

My great uncle has a house in hatteras. I've been 5 or 6 times in my life. It really is always an amazing place to vacation. There were 70 people related to me there this week. It was pretty crazy.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
If you like Lobster/Lobster Rolls, head over to the North End and get yourself a cold Lobster Roll and a side of Fries, AMAZING

oh man i would kill for a lobster roll.. thanks for the tip!!! :headbang

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
Taking the family to Alaska for two weeks.

Grandmother just came back yesterday from there. Got me a shirt, and has not stopped talking about the trip. She had a blast.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
San Diego and then for the anniversary, New York City. We were going to go to Key West but I'm not a fan of tar balls.

I have been talking to some of the business owners here on South Padre and they are seeing an increase in business to our non tar ball beaches. Two years ago we had Hurricane Dolly chase business elsewhere around the gulf coast, last year it was a red tide. So while they dislike the reason for the increase, they are happy to be digging themselves out of the hole quicker.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)

The North End is mostly Italian eateries. The Atlantic Fish Company or Legal Seafood on Boylston has better Lobster rolls.

The lobster rolls at Fenway are pretty good as well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)
The North End is mostly Italian eateries. The Atlantic Fish Company or Legal Seafood on Boylston has better Lobster rolls.

Customer's don't lie, I don't lie, I did some pretty extensive research when I was there on these.

It's no fun going to Legal Seafood anyways, as it is a chain. Stick with Neptune Oyster as it is an old school Oyster Joint with the best rolls in Boston. Ben Affleck just filmed some new movie there too

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=&...ortby=composite

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/best_of/deta..._lobster_rolls/

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 08:18 AM)

What I didn't realize is that I didn't say the name of the restaurant in the North End, Neptune Oyster

My bad ptatc

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
What I didn't realize is that I didn't say the name of the restaurant in the North End, Neptune Oyster

My bad ptatc

Neptune Oyster is a good place. You can't go wrong there.

Legal is a chain, but don't sell it short. It still has outstanding food.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Neptune Oyster is a good place. You can't go wrong there.

Legal is a chain, but don't sell it short. It still has outstanding food.

I've eaten at two Legals and one was excellent (the one across from New England Aquarium) and the other very forgettable (is south Florida). The family that started Legal was instrumental in the modernization of the way commercial seafood is handled and processed in the US though, so yeah, they have quite a good industry reputation for quality control.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
I've eaten at two Legals and one was excellent (the one across from New England Aquarium) and the other very forgettable (is south Florida). The family that started Legal was instrumental in the modernization of the way commercial seafood is handled and processed in the US though, so yeah, they have quite a good industry reputation for quality control.

I didn't realize they had them out of the Boston area. Kind of like the Chicago pizza franchises. Uno's is good anywhere in Chicago but the ones in Florida, Boston and California were bad.