7/6 - Los Angeles vs. Chicago

Heads22

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully its something minor that just felt a lot more serious at the time... but I have a feeling Peavy won't be throwing another inning for us for a while.

I guess the one positive is we get to see what Daniel Hudson can do, but this blows. Peavy was showing what made him a Cy Young winner in the NL the past month or so, and he was really throwing great tonight.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
I long said Daniel Hudson would be used more than most people realized. Well... there you go, though I thought it would be because of Freddy sucking, not Peavy.

Well it's the one area we had a bit of extra depth so hopefully it pays off. On a similar note, this really hurts our chance at acquiring a big bat as well.

Wow, this feels like the Purdue Men's basketball season. Team finally starts looking dominant and HA THERE GOES ROBBIE HUMMEL.

Good news is, he's well on his way to being healthy and ready for next year.. BOILER UP!

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
well if they wanted to, they could push Peavy's next start out till the 19th thanks to the all star game.

July 19th of 2011? You're nuts if you think he'll be pitching anytime soon.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
I wonder if we have insurance on Peavy's contract, as he'll be out all of next year if he needs TJS.

I can't even imagine how bad that'll hurt if we have to pay it with nothing in return. Ouch. PLEASE BE OKAY!

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Wow, this feels like the Purdue Men's basketball season. Team finally starts looking dominant and HA THERE GOES ROBBIE HUMMEL.

Good news is, he's well on his way to being healthy and ready for next year.. BOILER UP!

No offense, but why do you only show up at extremely s***ty moments?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
No offense, but why do you only show up at extremely s***ty moments?

Because all I saw on GameDay was "Tony Peny replaces Jake Peavy" in the 2nd, so I had to log on.

I was actually having an awesome time jamming out on my Strat when I saw it.