Lance Berkman traded to Yankees

Heads22

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
I wonder if something like Lillibridge, Gilmore and Griffith would be enough to land him.

If it was, Big Puma would have been starting against the Mariners by now.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everything the sox have been doing is based on what happens with Dunn aNd now that those chances are slim. We have moved on and can start talking prospects and money with other teams. If what is being said is true about Dunn, I could see KW pulling off a few moves tomorrow, esp. After minny added Craaps.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:52 AM)
I'm an idiot. For some reason when he said Griffith Dexter Carter came to mind.

I freakin' loved Dexter Carter. He's been s*** since we dealt him.

But it's easy to get them mixed up. Scrawny black righty's with great stuff and control issues.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 01:52 AM)
Man would that be amazing, a Berkman and Jackson from AZ trade would be great additions. And at the most it hopefuly would only cost us at the MOST maybe Hudson and one of the trio with the rest being fillers for both players.

That would be a perfect trade day for me as well. I think Berkman fits in more with what the Sox are trying to do offensively than Dunn does, and I like Dunn. The one guy I don't want the Sox to give in any trade is Viciedo(Beckham is already off limits).

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
That would be a perfect trade day for me as well. I think Berkman fits in more with what the Sox are trying to do offensively than Dunn does, and I like Dunn. The one guy I don't want the Sox to give in any trade is Viciedo(Beckham is already off limits).

Huh? How could you even say that? Dunn is a much better fit for our offense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
Huh? How could you even say that? Dunn is a much better fit for our offense.

Berkman is more of an all around hitter,and better on the basepaths, than Dunn and that's what the Sox have tried to do this year. Dunn brings more power without question but he's alot like Thome and the Sox/Ozzie said they are wanting more gap hitters and such. I'm not saying I agree with it but Berkman is more in that mold.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
If TB is serious about Dunn, start uncrossing your fingers and hoping for Luke Scott

Didnt you hear, the Tigers and us are in discussion with the Tigers for Brad freaking Hawpe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
According to rotoworld, Yankees won't have to give up any premium prospects for Berkman. Just have to take on his salary.

Did Kenny and his staff take a 5 hour nap after trading for Jackson?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
More than likely Houston didnt want any of the crap the Sox tried to pitch them.

My guess is Houston wanted some one like Dayan + and Kenny walked away.

Not according to what I've read, which is the astros got crap and yanks are just absorbing salary

Looks like kenny doesnt want Fat Elvis

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)
Not according to what I've read, which is the astros got crap and yanks are just absorbing salary

Looks like kenny doesnt want Fat Elvis

Or KW isn't willing to take Berkman's contract at his production. I wouldn't either as he hasn't been fantastic for awhile.