Sox at Twinkies July 17th, 610 start-WGN

shipps

These are the moments, win or lose, that make watching baseball worth it.

I agree with you, but I don't think many others on a message board will agree with us.

We lost ... so blow it up, baby!!!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
Well I hope Rios gets going again soon. Other than his HR against KC I can't remember a big hit he's had in awhile.

Between him and Konerko, they both look like they've never seen an offspeed pitch below the knees. More swings and misses from them in last few games than at anytime all season. KW, the time is now to get some offensive help.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:05 AM)
I agree with you, but I don't think many others on a message board will agree with us.

We lost ... so blow it up, baby!!!

Greg, I didn't see you on here after Quentin dropped that ball.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
It's okay, Nick Blackburn pitches tomorrow. As long as Freddy holds up his end of the bargain, we should get a split.

I think that is a bad assumption. The key is to not let these 3 losses turn into something worse.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
Yah, let's get pissed at the guy who drove in our only runs.

He has to have better at bats than that. If his swing is so feeble at the offspeed stuff, then he better just hit the s*** out of any fastballs he sees.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
He has to have better at bats than that. If his swing is so feeble at the offspeed stuff, then he better just hit the s*** out of any fastballs he sees.

He had to know they weren't going to give him good pitches to hit right off the bat, he needed to be more patient than that. 2 of those were terrible pitches.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)

Like I said. If he were 0-3 up to that point I'd be pissed off. BUt if not for him we wouldn't even be in the game there. It would've been nice to see Rios or CQ try to help him out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
He had to know they weren't going to give him good pitches to hit right off the bat, he needed to be more patient than that. 2 of those were terrible pitches.

The hitters just were not focused tonight. At least we get to see Therapist tomorrow.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
The hitters just were not focused tonight. At least we get to see Therapist tomorrow.

I'm not sure if "Focused" is the right word. Swinging early against Pavano was the right move. But they were pull-happy...they wanted to pull everything from the outside edge, which was an obvious mistake that they never corrected.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
It's okay, Nick Blackburn pitches tomorrow. As long as Freddy holds up his end of the bargain, we should get a split.

At least kenny got us a bat oh wait, we cant trade Hudson because Jake's arm fell off and we'd be relying on Carlos Torres

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
Like I said. If he were 0-3 up to that point I'd be pissed off. BUt if not for him we wouldn't even be in the game there. It would've been nice to see Rios or CQ try to help him out there.

PK had the easiest chance to drive the run in out of the 3 big hitters. There is no way to spin how bad of an AB that was.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)

All I wanted a split so the twins would gain no ground. But the Sox should have on the verge of sweep with better defense and offense execution.

All we need was for Konerko to get the ball in the air, not even a hit and he couldn't do it.

And ironically, he says we don't need anything.

I like to Fielder batting clean-up and Konerko batting 6th.

Win,lose or draw it time to cut the strings with Paulie after this season.

PK hits a ome run in this game, but the rub is two games in a row with the chance to come up big in the last inning and he K's on three straight pitches. Two games in a row mind you. Plus we have one bad inning gain fro a pitcher. I hope big game Freddie shows them how it is to be the stopper tomorrow. I will be watching on WGN again

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:14 AM)
All I wanted a split so the twins would gain no ground. But the Sox should have on the verge of sweep with better defense and offense execution.

All we need was for Konerko to get the ball in the air, not even a hit and he couldn't do it.

And ironically, he says we don't need anything.

I like to Fielder batting clean-up and Konerko batting 6th.

Win,lose or draw it time to cut the strings with Paulie after this season.

I won't say that. Even the very best get shut down from time to time

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Carlos looked like crap today. I hope that wrist isn't bothering him.

I can't believe he was playing today. There's no way that his wrist was so bad he couldn't play yesterday and he was 100% today.