Jenks will Close again

WhiteSoxfan1986

Per Rotoworld

Bobby Jenks-R- White Sox Jul. 26 - 10:08 am et

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Sunday that Bobby Jenks can reclaim the ninth-inning gig with one more quality outing.

Jenks was given some time off from the role after blowing a save last Wednesday. "We're not crazy what we're doing here," Guillen said after Jenks threw a scoreless eighth inning in Sunday's loss. "If Bobby next time throws the ball the same way he threw (Sunday), he'll be back to his role." The big man has 4.95 ERA, 1.57 WHIP and 20 saves in 22 chances this season.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Looks like we'll be seeing him in the ninth again.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
Per Rotoworld

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Looks like we'll be seeing him in the ninth again.

This shouldn't come as a surprise, exactly what happened earlier in the season.

Hate it or love it Bobby is our closer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
Still not throwing his curve for strikes, if he's throwing it at all. It's such a mistake to just annoint him after a mop-up inning.

He did strike someone out looking on a back door breaking ball...but Putz looks just outright nasty these days, he would have closed the door on both of those blown saves I bet

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
I can't believe I've gone from practically worshiping Ozzie to despising him in like two years.

I credit both this board and sabermetrics as helping to make me more of a student of the game. And frankly, the more i learn, the more i dislike Ozzie.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:28 PM)
Bobby's remarks are frustrating, but I guess I'd rather have him holding on to some shred of confidence rather than hanging his head and sounding lost.

What I'd have loved to hear is "Yeah, I sucked today, but you know what, it was a bad day, I'm going to go out my next couple outings and earn that job back."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
What I'd have loved to hear is "Yeah, I sucked today, but you know what, it was a bad day, I'm going to go out my next couple outings and earn that job back."

yes, that would be better than the denial. I'm dying to know where he's hiding his curveball. Maybe he should go back to the stretch?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
I was not overly impressed with Jenks comments about how he thought people were being too hard on him for blowing games. I don't think he has been throwing very well for awhile now

I used to think that you and greg were the same person. I now know that I was incorrect.