White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
The important question is then can Pauly play the entire remainder of the season without a day off? Unless Teahen can play 1B?

one would have to think viciedo would come up when the rosters expand as well, and he could play 1b too

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
one would have to think viciedo would come up when the rosters expand as well, and he could play 1b too

yea screw it. im not too worried about the minor roster tweeks after a Manny Ramirez aquisition. Just get that monster over here!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
how do you know? names are leaked, but never released. He could be on waivers for all we know

yep. Buster Olney mentioned earlier this morning that he can go waivers as soon as today if not tommorow for sure. For all we know, the Dodger placed him on Waivers today.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:53 AM)
how do you know? names are leaked, but never released. He could be on waivers for all we know

Well, that's a good point. Just from everything I've heard he's not on waivers yet. Maybe he is.

I'm just saying this because we need him yesterday.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
I think he's getting to the point in his career where it won't be so much about money anymore, but about having fun, cementing his legacy, and perhaps trying to win another World Series or two.

I think we match up pretty well for him if those are his concerns.

Manny Ramirez cemented his legacy in 2009 when he got caught.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)

ARod also got caught last year and ended being a World Series champion. I could careless about individual legacies here. . We are trying to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
I believe this says it best:

@FakeJoeCowley - I hope Manny has a good pitching arm. @Ken_Rosenthal @cst_sox

that is pretty funny. but if you look at the Twins, they just outslug everyone to death with decent pitching here and there. Maybe we can go back to that route.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)

I don't give a rat's ass what he got caught doing. Like there's been a world series winning team in the last 20 years that didn't have at least one guy that has used PEDs before.

If he can help the Sox catch the twins, then bring him on!

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
More from Joe:

cst_sox According to the source, Williams thinks the addition of Manny would be a boost to the entire team.

11 minutes ago

cst_sox "Ken Williams is pushing all his chips on getting Manny Ramirez,'' - a major-league source.

This is getting interesting. I hope we don't get let down again.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
This would be a great seller on the southside. "Come watch Manny in a White Sox uniform try to help propel them into the playoffs!" IMO they would sell a lot more tickets!

Or perhaps..."Watch Manny inject some life into the White Sox!"

We become the Yankees when we sign a known cheater because it may help us win. As a 46-year-old lifelong Sox fan who grew up listening to my grandfather's stories of Babe Ruth playing at the old palace, I implore Kenny Williams not to bring Manny Ramirez to the White Sox. As I posted in another thread a week or two ago (and that's saying something because I don't post very much), I consider Manny as the poster child for all of major league baseball's ills: greed, steroids, lazy, selfish. No debate there's blame for the steroid era abounding, but when you're injecting a needle into your ass or having someone else do it for you, it's wrong and you know it. So the blame starts with the players who did it. I honestly would rather miss the playoffs without Manny than be in them with him. If the White Sox bring him in I'm not sure I can call myself a fan of this team...and just typing that makes me feel as though I'm losing an appendage.

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)

We become the Yankees when we sign a known cheater because it may help us win. As a 46-year-old lifelong Sox fan who grew up listening to my grandfather's stories of Babe Ruth playing at the old palace, I implore Kenny Williams not to bring Manny Ramirez to the White Sox. As I posted in another thread a week or two ago (and that's saying something because I don't post very much), I consider Manny as the poster child for all of major league baseball's ills: greed, steroids, lazy, selfish. No debate there's blame for the steroid era abounding, but when you're injecting a needle into your ass or having someone else do it for you, it's wrong and you know it. So the blame starts with the players who did it. I honestly would rather miss the playoffs without Manny than be in them with him. If the White Sox bring him in I'm not sure I can call myself a fan of this team...and just typing that makes me feel as though I'm losing an appendage.

hilarious

Do you want to give back the '05 WS then as odds are someone on that team was doing something illegal.....

If he can help the Sox catch the twins, I'll buy a Manny jersey!

He'll probably boost attendance too, which will increase revenue.

Plus he'll increase the national exposure of the Sox. We know how the national media loves covering the guy.

GET IT DONE KW!!!

Imagine of he hits a bomb in his first ab... Yes.

QUOTE (Big Daddy Kool @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Do you want to give back the '05 WS then as odds are someone on that team was doing something illegal.....

Are you accusing someone? Odds are, you may be right. Odds in Manny's case: 100%. Suspended last year, the idiot. He's a known commodity. and yes, that includes his being a great hitter.

To each his own.

I'll take Manny.

Accusing no player, just the odds are that someone may have been on something are too great to overlook. We can't pretend to be clean...or dirty for that matter.

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
Are you accusing someone? Odds are, you may be right. Odds in Manny's case: 100%. Suspended last year, the idiot. He's a known commodity. and yes, that includes his being a great hitter.