Relax People

Chisoxfn

Minnesota has a pretty damn good team and their offense is one of the best in the league. Do I think we have a better pen and rotation? Yes. But LATELY their starters have caught fire and their pen is managable. I don't even want to think about how good their going to be once Morneau returns. KW really needed to get a slugger via the trade deadline to compete with Minny's offense during the 2nd half. KW said "he'll let them screw it up". Well its evident that some of the screws are coming loose via being 3 games back and all. He still has time to aqcuire a bat via the waver deal and he better do so. I would love to take a chance on Manny, but im not so sure that can happen or not? I mean how bad is he injured? The Brad Hawpe recent availability seems very intruiging to me. Though his numbers are down, he has a good track record and could stick it at the Cell.

Do I believe this team can catch the Twins? Yes. This team has proved to come back from the DEAD. Three games out is no where near DEAD. Winning tonights game would be HUGE. And I couldn't be more confident with Danksy taking the hill. If there is one guy who seems to have an edge over the Twins lineup, it is Danksy!

Lets go white sox! :gosoxretro:

Edited by GreatScott82

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duensing has had 5 starts. I think it's a little premature to say he's completely stabilized their rotation.

Slowey getting hot after a rough start has had more to do with their recent pitching success than Duensing.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
Duensing has had 5 starts. I think it's a little premature to say he's completely stabilized their rotation.

Compared to what Blackburn was giving them? Blackburn was killing their bullpen (similar to what Garcia is doing for us now). With the Twins, every game it seems like they just have to use some combo of Crain, Capps, and one or two others. They haven't even needed much with regards to a long man, which Duensing and Burnett were for them.

QUOTE (scenario @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)

I'd swap him for Freddy in a heart beat. But that's not saying much since I'd take just about any starter over him the rest of the way. Thank you for the first half but this guy is going to kill us the rest of the way.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
I'd swap him for Freddy in a heart beat. But that's not saying much since I'd take just about any starter over him the rest of the way. Thank you for the first half but this guy is going to kill us the rest of the way.

Freddy Garcia 2010 = Orlando Hernandez 2005?