The semiannual whatcha taking this semester?

Texsox

Kinesiology 149

Philosophy 208 - Philosophies of Life

MGMT 332 - Organizational Theory/Behavior

MGMT 325 - Leadership in Organizations

MGMT 320 - Human Resource Management

STBE 337 - Stats for Business/Econ

After this semester, I will only have 2 semesters left of undergraduate work. I can't be more thrilled about that!

QUOTE (The Beast @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Kinesiology 149

After this semester, I will only have 2 semesters left of undergraduate work. I can't be more thrilled about that!

I was the same way in college, but now out of undergrad, you realize how great of a time it was. Never again will you be free of responsibilities and so carefree.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
I was the same way in college, but now out of undergrad, you realize how great of a time it was. Never again will you be free of responsibilities and so carefree.

You aren't kidding.

Fair enough, but even with not working except for the occasional odd painting job or umpiring gig this summer, I have gotten bored of not having responsibilities. I've offered to start paying for my phone and have asked for my car insurance monthly estimate, but my parents haven't told me what exactly it is. My point is that I want to take on responsibility and do something out in the real world, even if that means living at home and hating my job for awhile in order to save some money and live independently. Ultimately, I want to move or work in the city, but that's just me.

BADM 482 - Business Policy and Strategy

BADM 336 - Entrepreneurship I

BADM 490 - Seminar in Sport Marketing

ENGL 205 - Business Writing

ENGL 463 - Modern Drama and Theatre

ENGL 478 - Creative Writing: Poetry

I didn't take business writing earlier in my scholastic career because we could take other writing classes instead. I didn't realize then that I would still have to write a final research paper to actually graduate, so I figured I may as well get credit for the class and learn a few things in the process as well. Along with that, the two upper level English classes allow me to finish my English minor as well.

It should be my final semester.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
Kinesiology 149

Me too. But I'm not thrilled. I love college. Just don't like college classes.

I've never been happier to be back in school after doing a full-time Co-op with GE for the last 8 months. I mean, I really liked my job but I'm going to take full advantage of my last 2 semesters of school, now that I know what it's like to work full time. I didn't quite realize how much free time I had in school until I started working every day.

Two 400-level Logistics classes

International Supply Chain Management

Business Ethics

...and continuing my internship with GE by working part-time (18 hr/wk).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Me too. But I'm not thrilled. I love college. Just don't like college classes.

Had my college experience gone the correct way, where I go figure out what I should take and been at the correct college for me at the start, like NIU, I would have enjoyed it more. Everyone takes different routes so there is no correct way, but if I had gotten an associate's before going away, I would have the correct prerequisites to transfer elsewhere and that would have made things a hell of a lot easier. The problem was that I took a Liberal Arts math course as opposed to a College Algebra because I thought I was on the j-school track. When that didn't happen and I didn't want to be a reporter anymore, I decided to try out clubs and stuff, while neglecting to get my courses on track. So since I didn't take care of my deficiency in math, it screwed me when the time came to change schools.

But as I said, everyone's experience is different. All I'm saying is that if things went a bit differently for me I would have enjoyed it more. It's fine now that I'm on a path, and that is all that matters. Needless to say, I will live it up since this likely will be it for school for awhile.

Edited by The Beast

Return the 30th for only one class and until three in the afternoon!

• ECET 159 Digital Applications
  • ECET 210 C++ Programming
  • ECET 367 Internetwork & TCP/IP
  • MA 147 Algebra Trig for Tech I

Can’t wait to get back that college swagger! :D

I actually worked full time this summer, and I felt it wasn't all that bad compared to school. Working 40+ hours a week really does kill your free time, but so does doing homework, studying, and working a part time job. I can't really speak for the whole responsibilities thing, though.

As far as my schedule for the semester:

ANTH 103 - Anthropology in a Changing World

MATH 231 - Calculus 2

PHYS 211 - Physics: Mechanics

CS 225 - Data Structures

CS 231 - Computer Architecture 1

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (Soxy @ Aug 24, 2010 -> 08:14 AM)
I'm teaching:

Intro Psych

Senior Research

BioPsych

Psychology of Monsters (first year seminar)

An IS in Language and Culture

Another IS just for students to work in my lab.

What are you covering? That sounds like a pretty cool class.