Sox @ Twins, Thursday, 8/19, M56 v The Stache

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:29 AM)
Its becoming a f***ing joke to be honest. Its to the point where if he sneezes people will question it.

So if he pulls Putz, theres no way he gets injured the rest of the season? He'll be perfectly fine next time he throws right? I'm pretty sure thats how injuries work if i remember.

After the 2nd pitch of the inning, Putz walked around for like 30 seconds. He should have been pulled right then. I don't blame Ozzie for getting him an inning though.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:30 AM)
All of you moaning about Ozzie causing Putz to be injured need to check yourselves.

Putz is a pitcher - his job is to pitch.

Blaming Ozzie for him getting hurt is like blaming a warehouse manager for an injury to a stock clerk because the manager asked him to do his job.

That makes a ton of sence - right guys?

Duh.

If he was already hurt and Ozzie didn't pay any mind to that - it's a different story.

Quit blaming the manager for everything that happens.

It's the same s*** as the last two games.

We lost the first two because of Danks and Floyd.

Putz got hurt because of Ozzie asking him to do his job???

Give me a f***ing break.

I poop on little people.

I'm sorry, but in the first game, there were two terrible managerial decisions made. Letting Kotsay hit vs a LHP in the 5th, and keeping Thornton in for a 3rd inning.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
You guys make it seem like if he pulled him right there, the injury would have magically gone away. He would have f***ing strained it the next time he pitched.

Not necessarily. And I think most of us are concerned that he had already hurt himself when they came out the first time.

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:33 AM)
Why is Jenks warming up? I thought he was hurt. Put in Linebrink or Sale.

Why in the hell would you pitch Sale again tonight? He pitched last night, and we're trying to limit his innings. Jenks needs work, as if you recall last time he returned from an extended break, he was very rusty.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
I'm sorry, but in the first game, there were two terrible managerial decisions made. Letting Kotsay hit vs a LHP in the 5th, and keeping Thornton in for a 3rd inning.

Yeah Kotsay def cost us that game since guys like PK and Rios certainly didn't kill us in RISP situations. And with the depth of our bullpen, I can't believe he left the only guy we have left who A. can get people out and B. wasn't playing college ball 4 weeks ago in there. What an idiot

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
Yeah Kotsay def cost us that game since guys like PK and Rios certainly didn't kill us in RISP situations. And with the depth of our bullpen, I can't believe he left the only guy we have left who A. can get people out and B. wasn't playing college ball 4 weeks ago in there. What an idiot

So you had no problem with Kotsay facing a LHP with bases loaded in the 5th?

QUOTE (aprec32 @ Aug 19, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
May 23rd, 2004

Final score 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E

Chicago White Sox 3 0 0 8 1 5 0 0 0 17 23 2

Minnesota Twins 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 7 11 0

11-0 also works very well for me thank you

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)

Absoluetly 100% agree.

When Kotsay was left in to continue his 0 for infinity trend against LHP I was saying the same thing.

I was also saying it was a bad idea to march Matt out for a 3rd inning.

But really, those two decissions become meaningless if Gavin and John give us a quality start.