Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
According to Dan Dakich, he got it confirmed to him that Cody Zeller is going to be a Hoosier. We will see how this shakes out in the coming weeks or maybe even days.

This would be very good news. I've held out hope that would be the case. I think if Zeller goes to IU, it will have a direct impact on some other recruits, especially for the 2012 and 2013 classes.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)
Is Mike Davis going to stand in the way of playing time for Richmond and Leonard?

Once the season starts the starters will be DMac, Richardson, Richmond, Davis and Tisdale. Leonard, Paul, Cole, Griffey and Head will see time off the bench. I think Bertrand is the odd man out for this year because no way do we play an 11 man rotation.

AP Top 25:

1.Duke (55)

2.Michigan St. (8)

3.Kansas St. (2)

4.Ohio St.

5.Pittsburgh

6.Villanova

7.Kansas

8.North Carolina

9.Florida

10.Syracuse

11.Kentucky

12.Gonzaga

13.Illinois

14.Purdue

15.Missouri

16.Baylor

17.Butler

18.Washington

19.Memphis

20.Georgetown

21.Virginia Tech

22.Temple

23.Tennessee

24.BYU

25.San Diego St.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
AP Top 25:

1.Duke (55)

2.Michigan St. (8)

3.Kansas St. (2)

4.Ohio St.

5.Pittsburgh

6.Villanova

7.Kansas

8.North Carolina

9.Florida

10.Syracuse

11.Kentucky

12.Gonzaga

13.Illinois

14.Purdue

15.Missouri

16.Baylor

17.Butler

18.Washington

19.Memphis

20.Georgetown

21.Virginia Tech

22.Temple

23.Tennessee

24.BYU

25.San Diego St.

Wisconsin should be a top 25 team and how the hell is Carolina ranked in the top 10?

Barnes, Henson, and Zeller is a pretty fantastic frontcourt. There's enough talented players in the backcourt that at least two of them should be average come conference play. Look at the other teams below them in the top 25. Who would you put above them? I watched Kentucky's scrimmage the other day, and outside of Knight, they look awful without the UnderKanter. Washington shouldn't be in the top 25, as I. Thomas is a joke and they lost the heart and soul of their team.

UNC is at best a 15th-18th best team in the land right now, being in the top 10 is absurd yet again.

Harrison Barnes might be the best player in the country, but the PG situation is still shaky, and there's not much depth inside.

Illinois, Missouri, and Florida should be ahead of UNC at the very least. Patric Young will be a huge addition for Florida, especially if they will actually feed their post instead of having Boynton and Walker shoot them out of games.

Hopefully IU is cementing the recruitment of Cody Zeller tonight. He would be a big get for Crean and could open even more doors for the Hoosiers.

Question for some of you vets... What is site that former soxtalker Alex Bozich started? I can't remember it and I had to clear my hard drive and I lost the link in my favorites.

An interesting note to no other than me, Evansville plays Butler, Indiana and hosts North Carolina in a two week span starting with a November 21 date in Bloomington. IU will be visiting Evansville next year to open up their new arena.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Oct 29, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Hopefully IU is cementing the recruitment of Cody Zeller tonight. He would be a big get for Crean and could open even more doors for the Hoosiers.

Question for some of you vets... What is site that former soxtalker Alex Bozich started? I can't remember it and I had to clear my hard drive and I lost the link in my favorites.

An interesting note to no other than me, Evansville plays Butler, Indiana and hosts North Carolina in a two week span starting with a November 21 date in Bloomington. IU will be visiting Evansville next year to open up their new arena.

Inside the Hall

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Wouldn't doubt it. I don't have a reason to be positive about the Salukis this year outside of the renovated arena.

Arena is pretty nice supposedly. The only update I really got last night was the D looked pretty good at the offense was out of sync. But hey, at least we didn't lose!

Iowa commits recruiting violations?

ESPN Story

I don't get this. USC can have Will Ferrell roam the sidelines, Texas the same with Matthew McConaughey and North Carolina recruits play in pick up games with former UNC players now in the NBA, but this is a violation?

Somebody please clarify how this is a violation? It makes no sense to me.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
I'm confused. This stinks cause we have always had a very clean program. Hopefully this won't hinder us. And it seems like a weak violation but still, any violation worries me.

It wont result in anything. Programs all around the country have celebs pushing their programs either on their own or by referral.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
Seriously? You would use the words "very clean" to describe Steve Alford?

Let me know what kind of infractions we had under Alford? People can talk about the Pierce incident and debate whether he deserved a second chance or not, but Iowa had zero recruiting violations that I am aware of.

Just cause you don't like the guy or something doesn't in any sense shape or form make the program dirty.