Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
Baylor and POS Scott Drew finally getting caught....

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball...sketball-101210

"I guarantee u if he does [commit to another school] he will be in Colombia for the spring and summer and next year. Don’t forget it,” the text said.

That other school would be Indiana, and this may just push the 5 star forward to the Hoosiers once and for all.

Something crazy... I might end up broadcasting some of his games. This school has been in negotiations with my radio station to carry their games in addition to our regular ones.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
I hope you do get the opportunity, just so you can see the kid jump. I've never seen anything like it live. Youtube does not even do Perea justice.

Yeah, I have been lucky over the years to see a lot of kids play HS ball who ended up in the NBA. The best was I got to see Zach Randolphs team play Sean May and Jarred Jeffries team for the IN HS State Championship one year. If I can get over there, I will.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Hummel out for the year with an ACL tear. Horrible break for the kid and Purdue. Their season just got f***ed. Still will be competitive with Moore, Jackson, Johnson, etc.

RIP to his bball career. That ligament is clearly going to be an issue for life.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
The more I look at the talent around the country, there's no reason for Illinois not to be a top 5 team this season. Sucks for Hummel...Purdue just went from a top 10 team to a top 30 team.

Depends on how healthy Head is and is Richmond produces right away.

Sucks about Hummel because you could have 3 Big 10 teams in the Top 8 with Purdue, OSU, and Illinois.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Hummel out for the year with an ACL tear. Horrible break for the kid and Purdue. Their season just got f***ed. Still will be competitive with Moore, Jackson, Johnson, etc.

Sad for the kid, but I'm happy because my best buddy was swearing up and down Purdue would make the national championship. The way he's gloating, I'm happy it happened to Purdue. 3rd place in the big ten, here they come. Illini baby!

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
Depends on how healthy Head is and is Richmond produces right away.

Sucks about Hummel because you could have 3 Big 10 teams in the Top 8 with Purdue, OSU, and Illinois.

There are still alot of question marks with Illinois and OSU, they are both relying heavily on young players. I would say they are both top 10 teams, not sure about top 5. MSU is still the team to beat IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
SIU will play Purdue at the Sears Centre the day after Thanksgiving. Ugh.

Nothing like a couple of ass whipping sto start your season.

I'm about to grab tickets for the U of I and Purdue games. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
I'm about to grab tickets for the U of I and Purdue games. Not sure why I'm doing this to myself.

May look into he Sears Centre games depending on work.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
There are still alot of question marks with Illinois and OSU, they are both relying heavily on young players. I would say they are both top 10 teams, not sure about top 5. MSU is still the team to beat IMO.

Illinois has 3 starters that are seniors. You won't find that very often in college basketball. I'm stunned to see any publication or expert not pick Duke to be #1. Michigan State over them? Say what?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Illinois has 3 starters that are seniors. You won't find that very often in college basketball. I'm stunned to see any publication or expert not pick Duke to be #1. Michigan State over them? Say what?

Yep, it's impossible not to have Duke at #1. Watching Irving run the point will not be fun.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)

OSU will as well with Diebler, Lighty and Lauderdale, with Buford being the experienced Jr in the group. Each team will be relying heavily on underclassmen though which is always a huge question mark. The Buckeyes pretty much have no idea who will be playing PG at the moment.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:41 PM)
Let me know. And you're living in Wadsworth now a days? I literally live right on Midlane right now.

Im pretty positive I will be going to see the Purdue game as well with another alum. Maybe we can have a beer at fox and hound before gametime

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
According to Dan Dakich, he got it confirmed to him that Cody Zeller is going to be a Hoosier. We will see how this shakes out in the coming weeks or maybe even days.

Dakich did an interview on my station last week. He is such an awesome person to hear talk about college basketball.

Bruce Pearl Story day.

Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl is working without a contract while the NCAA investigates his staff's recruiting practices.

Pearl's contract was terminated on Sept. 9, the day before he revealed to the public that he had provided incorrect information during an interview with NCAA investigators, Tennessee spokesman Jimmy Stanton said Thursday.

Tennessee officials presented Pearl with a new contract two weeks ago with a reduced salary, and attorneys are working to complete the deal. Pearl was to make $12.5 million over four seasons before athletics director Mike Hamilton reduced it by $1.5 million as part of his punishment for misleading the NCAA.

"A lot of this is legal procedure," Hamilton said. "Basically the information that came to light in the course of the investigation warranted the termination of his previous contract as it was written. There will be some changes in terminology in the contract. The main thing is the compensation will be changed."

The contract Pearl had been working under allowed for termination in the case of "acts of fraud" committed by the coach in the performance of his duties. WBIR-TV first reported the contract termination.

Part 2:

During the barbecue that got him into hot water with the NCAA, Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl told recruits and their families at his home that their visit equated to an NCAA violation, according to the termination of employment agreement between Pearl and the university.

In the termination letter dated Sept. 9 and obtained initially by WBIR-Channel 10 in Knoxville, athletic director Mike Hamilton wrote that on Sept. 28, 2008, Pearl "knowingly violated NCAA rules."

According to Hamilton, during the barbecue at the coach's house Pearl "admitted to the unofficial visitors and their families that their presence at your house was a violation of NCAA rules. You also told the unofficial visitors and their families that you were not going to tell anyone about the NCAA rules violation, and you asked that they not tell anyone either.'