Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
Yeah, but those are just the lowest picked teams, why not the worst four overall? I would say a team that earned a birth based on a whole season, versus just winning three or four straight games at end of a season deserves it more.

I agree 100%. I think its even dumber that they have play-in games for both the worst overall & worst at-large. At least be consistent and either have the worst 8 overall teams or the worst 8 at-large teams in the play-in round.. Not a few of these teams and a few of those teams.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
Threres the ESPN one in the contest forum above.

Did you start one? Lets use yours as a pay bracket. I can take the responsibility of collecting the cash.

Ok.

On Yahoo!

ID: 134172

pw: soxtalk10

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
I think if you win your conference then youre in the tournament. They did what they were asked to do to make the field of 64. The play-in games should consist of the lowest at-large bids.

Completely agree.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
I think if you win your conference then youre in the tournament. They did what they were asked to do to make the field of 64. The play-in games should consist of the lowest at-large bids.

You prove more in 30 games than you do in 4. Conference tourneys are a terrible way to rate teams as better than an entire body of a season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
You prove more in 30 games than you do in 4. Conference tourneys are a terrible way to rate teams as better than an entire body of a season.

Then do away with conference tournaments.

But for so long all conference champs made the tournament. Now they want to have extra games and the NCAA wants to punish the worst teams just so they can find away to add one more team that probably doesnt deserve it. One team did what they had to do to make it and the other didnt.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
Then do away with conference tournaments.

But for so long all conference champs made the tournament. Now they want to have extra games and the NCAA wants to punish the worst teams just so they can find away to add one more team that probably doesnt deserve it. One team did what they had to do to make it and the other didnt.

Honestly I am pretty Bobby Knight on the conference tourneys.

Most people don't? I didn't realize that. Pretty sure you could watch your team's games online though.

However I do like that all games are televised and you can watch whatever you want. I know they do a good job flipping you around, but having complete control over that without having to buy the package is awesome.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
Most people don't? I didn't realize that. Pretty sure you could watch your team's games online though.

However I do like that all games are televised and you can watch whatever you want. I know they do a good job flipping you around, but having complete control over that without having to buy the package is awesome.

The option of watching it on my phone this year is going to be great.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
I just realized most people don't get TruTV. And if your home team is playing on TruTV, it is not switched to CBS, so you are f***ed. Dumb.

I was worried about that last night, but I found TruTV on Comcast. Never realized I had the channel and have no idea what kind of programming it has either?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 06:31 AM)
Honestly I am pretty Bobby Knight on the conference tourneys.

I actually completely understand why people would feel this way but to me, the conference tournaments play into what March Madness is, leave them alone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
It is on Comcast? Sweet.

It is.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 15, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
Um, they aren't play-in games. They are the first round. Think of it more like 60 teams are getting byes.

Shut up, that's stupid. Look at the crowd for UAB Clemson and tell me that's a real tournament game. You can't.