08/29/10 - Yankees(Nova) Vs Sox(Floyd)

nitetrain8601

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
Farmer's really really getting on the umpires, and he's usually fairer than Harrelson.

I agree with the great Farmeroo today, based on Tschida's calls. Inconsistent at best.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm fine with Omar returning next season, but by no means should it be as a starting player. You've seen some of the issues with making him your starting 3b when you have to play Lillibridge at 3b against C.C.

I'm not if he's going to play there full-time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Chris Sale is amazing.

Chris Sale will be in the rotation next year.....or in the pen building up arm strength.

Thank you those other 12 teams for not picking Sale!

I'm really really going to hate this offseason if we hear over and over again the reason we can't even resign Konerko is due to Edwin Jackson (well, that has worked out okay) and spending $4.1 million on a superfluous Manny Ramirez.

The Rockies are crushing the Dodgers, 7-0. Two nights ago, that was great news...now, not really.

4 more outs until Mo Rivera. UGH.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
I'm really really going to hate this offseason if we hear over and over again the reason we can't even resign Konerko is due to Edwin Jackson (well, that has worked out okay) and spending $4.1 million on a superfluous Manny Ramirez.

I could not agree more with this.

Well, this team needs to have a late innings comeback...and that hasn't been one of our strong points all season long.

It really feels like we have to win this game, though.

In some ways, it's perfectly working out to be a big egg on KW's face that when he finally does acquire a DH, it's too little, too late...documenting for posterity's sake the desperate situation which was created by not addressing that position in the offseason (I'm really really tired of this same subject, but it is what it is...it's likely be seen retrospectively as the #1 flaw in our team the entire season long, especially with Thome ending up contributing so much to the team that ended up ahead of us in the standings).

Edited by caulfield12

The Rockies are crushing the Dodgers, 7-0. Two nights ago, that was great news...now, not really.

4 more outs until Mo Rivera. UGH.

I really hate to say this, but I honestly feel a majority of people here just shoot down any player regardless of who it is. I do agree Manny probably isn't worth the short rental if we have to give up anything of importance, but this race is NOT over yet, and the fact some people try to make it sound as if Manny is just some random deadline scrub is really hilarious. Manny as our DH would be simply exquisite.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Goodness, he has no power anymore. Please move him from the #3 spot!!

I think above all less the inconsistency of Rios and Quentin are the reason this team is treading water. Neither did anything yesterday and one is not even in the game. If this team is going to the next level next year those to need sustained productivity.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I really hate to say this, but I honestly feel a majority of people here just shoot down any player regardless of who it is. I do agree Manny probably isn't worth the short rental if we have to give up anything of importance, but this race is NOT over yet, and the fact some people try to make it sound as if Manny is just some random deadline scrub is really hilarious. Manny as our DH would be simply exquisite.

Yes, the problem is that it would have been MUCH more helpful when we were 4 1/2 games ahead of the Twins in the standings and had the opportunity to crush them.

Since that time, it's looking like the Twins have played 17 games over .500 and we're a blase 2 games under the .500 mark.

Most importantly, 2-7 versus Minnesota. You just can't hold first place with that head-to-head record against your competition.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
I think above all less the inconsistency of Rios and Quentin are the reason this team is treading water. Neither did anything yesterday and one is not even in the game. If this team is going to the next level next year those to need sustained productivity.

Both have just sucked big time since the ASB. Everyone else is seemingly playing well since the ASB, but when they're 2 of our 3 power hitters, it creates a big issue. More than anything, KW has got to find some more power for next season.

Yes, the problem is that it would have been MUCH more helpful when we were 4 1/2 games ahead of the Twins in the standings and had the opportunity to crush them.

Since that time, it's looking like the Twins have played 17 games over .500 and we're a blase 2 games under the .500 mark.

Most importantly, 2-7 versus Minnesota. You just can't hold first place with that head-to-head record against your competition.

I do agree with that. Something should have been done at the deadline. I can't understand how we didn't get anything done as far as a hitter goes.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
I do agree with that. Something should have been done at the deadline. I can't understand how we didn't get anything done as far as a hitter goes.

Cause KW over the years has gutted our system to the point where it was Beckham, Viciedo, or bust. He has no one to blame but himself for not having any ammunition.

Or if our big "power" injections into the line-up are Viciedo, Flowers and KW selling the idea that Teahen's going to be our everyday 3B, then I don't want to read this board again until April...because all we'll hear about is how our starting rotation (theoretically, with Peavy healthy and/or Sale) could be the best in the majors.

That was the same plan coming into this season...didn't work, despite our team being among the MLB leaders in quality starts.

Wait, I take that back. If they bring back Kotsay and Jones last year in their same roles, that will be even more infuriating than DeWayne Wise, Mackowiak, Daubach or Erstad in CF.