08/29/10 - Yankees(Nova) Vs Sox(Floyd)

nitetrain8601

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
Haha, pathetic by Omar. He had no chance against Rivera. At least our most dangerous hitter besides Konerko was still on the bench.

You mean we could of PH'd him even after taking him out?

Odds are he wasn't getting a shot if he stayed in.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Rivera saving that one was as automatic as it gets. Like I said I've NEVER said that on this site, oh we will lose this one before the game is over. Mariano Rivera is clearly an exception to that rule.

Sad thing is he had nothing today. That was as vulnerable as I've ever seen him against the Sox. Quite simply, you can't have lefties face him. They have no chance.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Sad thing is he had nothing today. That was as vulnerable as I've ever seen him against the Sox. Quite simply, you can't have lefties face him. They have no chance.

That is how special he is though. You aren't the greatest closer in the history of this game for having good stuff all the time. He can be horrible in a save opp. and still get the save giving up 1 run (maybe 2) minimum.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
That is how special he is though. You aren't the greatest closer in the history of this game for having good stuff all the time. He can be horrible in a save opp. and still get the save giving up 1 run (maybe 2) minimum.

I thought it was funny that Hawk was suggesting there could even be an argument about who the best closer of all time is.

Bout time I say to pretty much look to next season, hope Ozzie is gone. Not much hope we are gonna catch the Twins if/when they get Morneau back. Let´s just face the hard facts, we absolutely sucked balls against the cellar dwellars this year and it has come home to roost. The lineup and bullpen have run out of gas (BP just shattered now with all the injuries).

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Aug 29, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
Bout time I say to pretty much look to next season, hope Ozzie is gone. Not much hope we are gonna catch the Twins if/when they get Morneau back. Let´s just face the hard facts, we absolutely sucked balls against the cellar dwellars this year and it has come home to roost.

We're below .500 against the AL this season, and showing no signs of going on a run against teams in our division. I really feel like this team overachieved big time during that 26-5 stretch, and it was destined to be an 80-83 win team all season.