Chicago White Sox. Kansas City Royals. 7:10 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Wow, crowd didn't even really react to Manny coming to the plate for his first AB. What a change over the last 72 hours regarding the excitement level.

No one gives a s*** anymore. The Sox crapped the bed once again in the 2nd half. What do you expect?

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
No one gives a s*** anymore. The Sox crapped the bed once again in the 2nd half. What do you expect?

It's true, this crowd is dead. Sadly, we have to listen to Mike Huff, who's just atrocious as an announcer. And it never gets old watching Quentin look clueless against LHP.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
great play by rios.....

carmona only 4 outs away from beating the twins....THIS GAME IS MUST WIN

he has 3 hit them to this point. 3 outs away. We gotta win this and WE'RE BACK BABY! Minnesota aren't road gods.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (WinorDie88 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 01:49 AM)
What does it mean to clear your hips when hitting?

If he has no chance, we should just start Jones against lefties.

Basically, he has no flexibility in his swing. He can't pull the ball with authority against LHP because he's swinging against the weight of his entire body. At least against righties, he clears his front side and can pull the ball with authority. I would play Andruw over CQ every game against LHP, no doubt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
It's true, this crowd is dead. Sadly, we have to listen to Mike Huff, who's just atrocious as an announcer. And it never gets old watching Quentin look clueless against LHP.

Carlos Quentin has got to be the single most frustrating player to follow on the team. So much potential and not a lot to show for it. I wonder what his problem is?

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
Carlos Quentin has got to be the single most frustrating player to follow on the team. So much potential and not a lot to show for it. I wonder what his problem is?

I don't know, but he's such a liability in the field and on the road and against LHP that I'll be totally ok with it if we trade him this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
Basically, he has no flexibility in his swing. He can't pull the ball with authority against LHP because he's swinging against the weight of his entire body.

Therein lies the problem...when Q isn't hitting for crap he's trying to pull EVERYTHING. God forbid he takes the ball the other way...or Greg Walkers beats it into his head.