Chicago White Sox. Kansas City Royals. 7:10 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
It doesnt feel that way. It is that way.

well sweeping the twins next week is pretty much mandatory for any hopes coming true. that could shave off 3 games and then we might be able to shave off the other 3 in the remaining 19. long shot for sure, but we shall see.

The last 2 1/2 games in the standings probably shaved off at least 5,000 in attendance for every game in this series.

Unfortunately, we don't even have the Twins' games on the weekend to maximize attendance with the first home games for Manny Ramirez, so I'm afraid you're going to hear at least 30-40% Twins' fans during the weeknight games.

I think it's safe to assume at this point that the ROI in Ramirez's contract isn't going to come close to $3.8 million.

If the Royals take 2/3, they tie us for the first time in the season head-to-head in many years (unless they managed to do it in 2007, haha). But I would think it goes all the way back to the 80's or maybe once or twice in the late 90's when they last won or tied a season series against us.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
If the Royals take 2/3, they tie us for the first time in the season head-to-head in many years (unless they managed to do it in 2007, haha). But I would think it goes all the way back to the 80's or maybe once or twice in the late 90's when they last won or tied a season series against us.

Or maybe last year?

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I'm actually interested to see/hear if there will be any boos from some of the sox faithful.

No boos.

Manny is old news now and the team is close to being yesterday's news as well.

If we don't sweep KC, as Minnie did with no problem, the yawns will continue.

There will be plenty of boos for the team if we lose tonight, though. Minnie kicked the living s*** out of KC. If we play around with the Royals and lose, we will hear boos.

But not for Manny. He's already been with the team for a week or so. He's old news.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
No boos.

Manny is old news now and the team is close to being yesterday's news as well.

If we don't sweep KC, as Minnie did with no problem, the yawns will continue.

There will be plenty of boos for the team if we lose tonight, though. Minnie kicked the living s*** out of KC. If we play around with the Royals and lose, we will hear boos.

But not for Manny. He's already been with the team for a week or so. He's old news.

I almost completely agree, Greg. If tickets are going for 5 bucks on stubhub, not many people are interested in seeing Manny just to see Manny. And I would expect boos if they lay an egg against KC.

I do think, however, there will be a mix of boos and cheers for Manny his first time up.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
Pierre LF

Ramirez SS

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Manny DH

Pierzynski C

Quentin RF

Beckham 2B

Morel 3B

Buehrle P

Wow.. Pretty happy I'll get to see him tonight. (missed his debut) Haven't seen him hit since college.