Chicago White Sox. Kansas City Royals. 6:05 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Maybe today is the day Manny actually starts earning his paycheck.

He hasn't been bad - but he hasn't been a badass.

Somewhere inbetween. =D

I also hope that today marks the first Manny *SmackOb***** sighting.

He's getting close. =)

Once he blasts off - there aint no stoppin this train.

f*** THE TWINS!!!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
He hasn't been bad - but he hasn't been a badass.

Somewhere inbetween. =D

I also hope that today marks the first Manny *SmackOb***** sighting.

He's getting close. =)

Once he blasts off - there aint no stoppin this train.

f*** THE TWINS!!!

He was doing just fine until Walker tweaked his stance so he could hit for power. I'm confident Manny will figure it out sooner rather than later. He may not hit for the power he used to but I think he'll still be an OBP and RBI machine. I just hope he doesn't feel pressured into hitting a lot of HRs because then he may fail.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
For the 2nd time in 3 years, KW traded for a starting offensive player that struggled so badly, they couldn't even start for us down the stretch (Swisher/Teahen)

Swisher was at least salvageable in RF, Teahen doesn't even have a position on this team.

More Kotsay hate....

Newsflash: Kotsay is a better baseball player than Mark Teahen and a much better RF as well. Morel should have taken Teahen's place at 3B after last night, and Kotsay should have taken 1B and LF/RF from him well before that. Teahen is not only a terrible baseball player, but he has no fit on this team beyond LH pinch hitter. If we make it he'll in all likelihood miss the postseason roster all throughout the playoffs, no matter what the Kotsay haters will insist. And Ozzie will be 100% in the right for doing it.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 01:48 PM)
Teahen is not only a terrible baseball player, but he has no fit on this team beyond LH pinch hitter. If we make it he'll in all likelihood miss the postseason roster all throughout the playoffs, no matter what the Kotsay haters will insist. And Ozzie will be 100% in the right for doing it.

I have to agree with this.

More Kotsay hate....

Newsflash: Kotsay is a better baseball player than Mark Teahen and a much better RF as well. Morel should have taken Teahen's place at 3B after last night, and Kotsay should have taken 1B and LF/RF from him well before that. Teahen is not only a terrible baseball player, but he has no fit on this team beyond LH pinch hitter. If we make it he'll in all likelihood miss the postseason roster all throughout the playoffs, no matter what the Kotsay haters will insist. And Ozzie will be 100% in the right for doing it.

Terrible baseball players do not make it to the major leagues.

More Kotsay hate....

He is?

Teahen's wOBA is higher by about 15 points and Kotsay's no longer an outfielder. His legs are done, he no longer has any sort of range, which is why he's been kept out of the OF since late April/early May. I really don't know what Ozzie's trying to do here...

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
He is?

Teahen's wOBA is higher by about 15 points and Kotsay's no longer an outfielder. His legs are done, he no longer has any sort of range, which is why he's been kept out of the OF since late April/early May. I really don't know what Ozzie's trying to do here...

I think, in this case, he's trying to call out Quentin.