Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
That's why I say the Sox "plan" is always to be competitive and hope for a ton of career years.

I don't think the Sox are ever going to want to "rebuild" cause with our fan base if we are out of it on June 1, it means horrible horrible crowds all summer.

This offseason isn't going to be a good one for me, cause how can any of us be looking forward to more of this next year. Minnie according to Fathom has ton of room to add players. They are only going to get better and until our starters become dominant, we figure to be just second best again.

I agree we have had a decent season and they are also my team, but we reek vs. the Central.

Second best?

Don't forget about Detroit and we couldn't beat Cleveland or KC.

The Sox could headed for the dark ages unless they spend their way out of this.

And the likelihood of that with Reinsdorf and his cohorts are non existent.

Reinsdorf is not a sportsman.

He's a businessman who runs a sports organization.

Championships don't mean anything to him.

It's about making money for the real owners, period.

I will say Rios didn't "appear" to go balls out after that shot.

Maybe he misjudged it. He had his glide on. This time to no avail.

I do respect Fathom for blasting Rios this season. From what I can tell, he's the only person to go there.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
Second best?

Don't forget about Detroit and we couldn't beat Cleveland or KC.

The Sox could headed for the dark ages unless they spend their way out of this.

And the likelihood of that with Reinsdorf and his cohorts are non existent.

Reinsdorf is not a sportsman.

He's a businessman who runs a sports organization.

Championships don't mean anything to him.

It's about making money for the real owners, period.

KC is in a good position to pass us up if they can find some pitching. They have 3 of the top 5 prospects in the minor leagues. Cleveland isn't close to taking another step though, as their pitching is really bad. Tigers will almost definitely be in the 2nd slot in the AL Central next year with some huge FA additions and a team based around Cabrera, Jackson, Verlander, and Scherzer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
lol. Like who? I'd rather they run some random fans out there then some of our pathetic minor leaguers.

Viciedo should be playing the rest of the way, same with Morel. Sale and Santos might as well get shut down the rest of the season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:51 AM)
lol. Like who? I'd rather they run some random fans out there then some of our pathetic minor leaguers.

Flowers, Viciedo, Lilly, Morel for starters.

They might actually, you know, beat the Twins.

I guess we're still "in it" though, even tho we are 7 out. You know if we win the next two, it's just five out. So cmon out and pack the Cell, fans, will be the marketing cry. Don't give up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
yep...for as hard and unlucky as he hit the ball the first few months, he's been the exact opposite since the ASB. Balta was so freaking right about trading him when his value was high. His contract is going to be such an albatross.

I wouldn't say that...yet.

Look at players like Alexei Ramirez and Beckham who looked completely worthless the first two months, or Quentin looking like an MVP and now untradeable again in the span of 45 days.

Gavin Floyd was one of the worst pitchers in baseball the first two months and one of the best ever since.

This team is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. That's why it must be so difficult to decide what direction to go in for the front office and JR.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Horribly painful watching Twins celebrate in the dugout.

I turned the f***ing game off when it was 6-3. I've tried to remain optimistic like most of us, or well...a lot of us. But, I'm not watching any more of this crap this year. Done. I'll still check the box scores but it pisses me off too much to watch.

I simply love baseball, but this is going to be a horrible offseason for me, cause it's going to take a while to look forward to seeing the Sox play again after this dysfunctional season.

The 25-5 was awesome, don't get me wrong.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Flowers, Viciedo, Lilly, Morel for starters.

They might actually, you know, beat the Twins.

I guess we're still "in it" though, even tho we are 7 out. You know if we win the next two, it's just five out. So cmon out and pack the Cell, fans, will be the marketing cry. Don't give up.

I think White Sox fans know better.

With the exception of one "lucky" post-season game (because of the coin flip, a rule later changed), that's the ONLY possible reason to have hope...but yet here we are with another late-season, second half home game against Minnesota "choking" it away with the bases loaded and the relievers blowing up in innings 7-9.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 03:58 AM)
I think White Sox fans know better.

With the exception of one "lucky" post-season game (because of the coin flip, a rule later changed), that's the ONLY possible reason to have hope...but yet here we are with another late-season, second half home game against Minnesota "choking" it away with the bases loaded and the relievers blowing up in innings 7-9.

The real concern is that the Twins are showing no signs of slowing down in the coming years. With their increased revenue, strong farm system, and Mauer already signed long-term, the only chance for them to fall down in the AL Central is if Morneau never returns and guys like Duensing, Slowey, and Gibson can't produce.