Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Does $$$ make enough sense for you? Because the Sox will not have a lot of it next year. You basically can't bring Konerko back unless you trim significant salary elsewhere. Lots of empty seats for the rest of this season, and definitely for next year.

But they say that every year. After getting Jackson ($8M next season) and Manny kinda makes me think they're bluffing.

I think it's stupid for any organization to discuss money in the press in a sport with no salary cap. They come off like a charity for cancer research instead of a business.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A team in a market like Chicago, crying about money, and not being able to spend on talent, is ridiculous. If you spend on talent, the money is there to be made. We aren't a small market here. If the Sox competed every year like the Yankees, the Cell would be FULL more often than not. Just common sense. The better the team, the more people go to games, the more people drink at games, the more people buy merchandise....

Edited by CQMVP

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
It gets expensive when you have to get it outside the organization.

Plus Freddy and Peavy are big ? for next season.

I would think Freddy is gone, unless the sox plan on trading one of the other guys. (Peavy-Buehrle-Danks-Floyd-Jackson) But I would like to see the sox sign a veteran FA pitcher next season (or a MLC to one) in case Peavy has problems again, so we won't have the same problem as we did this year running out guys like Harrell, Torres, Pena as a starter, etc.. etc..

QUOTE (CQMVP @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 05:22 AM)
A team in a market like Chicago, crying about money, and not being able to spend on talent, is ridiculous. If you spend on talent, the money is there to be made. We aren't a small market here. If the Sox competed every year like the Yankees, the Cell would be FULL more often than not. Just common sense. The better the team, the more people go to games, the more people drink at games, the more people buy merchandise....

What you say may be right, but it doesn't matter.

Jerry does cry about money and won't spend with thei biggest of the boys.

We are going to have a mighty expensive rotation.

It's time for those guys to step up and dominate.

Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Jackson and Mark ... on paper, WOW! In reality, we've seen them all be very good; all suck.

Because of their potential to be the best fivesome in the league, it'd be best to keep them, keep Putz, Thornton, Sergio and Sale, let Bobby walk and tinker with the lineup again.

To save money, I'd dump Rios to the Yankees or Bosox. He had a great year. Keep Quentin or dump him as well and again, look for replacements via free agency or Danks/mitchell time.

Also let AJP walk and dump Teahen to the Mets for a Class A player.

We have to keep the rotation and bullpen minus Bobby intact to have any shot at the division title IMO.

In short ... keep all the pitchers except for Bob, Linebrink, Pena, totally revamp the everyday lineup again. Make room for Viciedo in that lineup.

Edited by greg775

:aussie:

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
There's your dilemma, Jackson is gonna be hard to move due to that contract, he might not be tradeable til the trade deadline. Floyd is affordable, and I wouldn't shed a tear if he's gone. Dude is a f***ing moron in the strictest form of the word. When the clubhouse guys pick on you for being stupid, and then your low IQ starts showing on the mound, yeah. He's not the brightest bulb.

Somebody is always looking for SP IMO!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
What you say may be right, but it doesn't matter.

Jerry does cry about money and won't spend with thei biggest of the boys.

We are going to have a mighty expensive rotation.

It's time for those guys to step up and dominate.

Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Jackson and Mark ... on paper, WOW! In reality, we've seen them all be very good; all suck.

Because of their potential to be the best fivesome in the league, it'd be best to keep them, keep Putz, Thornton, Sergio and Sale, let Bobby walk and tinker with the lineup again.

:o :o :o :o

I'll add.... :o :o :o :o

Greg I must say... that was an outstanding post.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I agree. Trading Danks makes no sense at all to me.

I'd be A LOT more willing to trade Danks if we still had Hudson in place. Let's face it. Danks has pretty much been the same pitcher for the last three years. That's not a bad thing. But he's not elite or a "stud." I know he's still real young. But he doesn't have the stuff of a Jon Lester, Clayton Kershaw or David Price. If you could get a sick, and I mean sick, not just good, package for him, I'd do it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 06:11 AM)
That's a bootleg greg. No way would he ever type that.

I love Bobby, but he's old news. He's buzzkill to most of our fans so he has to go.

Negative vibes.

I hope he goes to the NL, though.

Seriously ... why can't our pitching staff take the next step to domination?

Are these starters just nice starters and not capable of greatness?

The bullpen guys ... they've all had moments of crap.