Twins vs Sox 7:10 Start---Liriano vs Danks

jasonxctf

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
I expect we will be picked 3/4th this offseason also, motivation hopefully.

I just have a feeling KW is a repeat of the subprime mortgage mess and we are going to have to pay for the "I want it now" mentality soon and the house of cards will be exposed and we are going to have some tough years...hopefully I am wrong and we have some good surprises out of the system...who knows I know I didn't expect a WS in 2005!

Hope springs eternal come February 2011!!

Having acquired Ramirez and Edwin Jackson now is looking like the death/freeze of/for any offseason moves and probably facilitates the depatures of Konerko and AJ as well...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
Sort of true, but with Peavy, Danks, Floyd, Mark, and an alleged good bullpen, a lot of people thought we'd pitch our way to the title.

I was a little worred, however, with Teahen at third and Lexi at short with the weak arm in left. Remember Lexi was not nearly as good a defender heading into this season as he is now.

A lot of people thought our pitching would dominate, led by Peavy.

The best way to make Alexi bad is to put Teahan at 3rd.

The whole was too deep to climb out of in April and May, only one of baseball's rarest winning streaks gave false hope.

I never thought Peavy would dominate since pitching in the AL is not like the AAA NL.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
Its the same thing over and over and over.

Their game plan is simple. Throw lots of breaking pitches and pitch backwards. We get very aggressive and get ourselves out. When we get men on, throw breaking pitches and expand the zone.

Our game plan is the opposite. Throw lots of fastballs, because for some reason in all the years we have played them, we haven't figured out that they hit fastballs.

They catch the ball and play good defense. We pucker up and kick the ball.

They hit the cut off man, We over throw the ball and allow the trailers to get into scoring position.

They shorten up their stroke and make contact with men on. We swing from our heels and have no game plan. 3-1 and 0-2 are the same count as far as we are concerned.

They pound the zone with strikes, we like to get behind hitters. Because you know, no one is expecting a 2-0 fastball.

The twins run the bases aggressively. We run fast, sure into outs more than other teams, but we run fast.

You left out that the Twins don't usually beat themselves.

I do like their approach to hitting.

I blame the season on, as usual, being a step too late.

Way to acquire Manny when we already were 3-4 out.

Stupid.

How bout being aggressive when we, uh, led the division after wiping out that 9.5 game deficit.

Now we are 7 back again after being 9.5 back at one point early? What a tease.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
How bout being aggressive when we, uh, led the division after wiping out that 9.5 game deficit.

Unfortunately at that point the starters couldn't throw complete games. 5 back to back losses by the pen is the best remedy to ruin hope for the post season.

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
So does that cement that the Sox will try and get a kings ransom for Danks this offseason?

I think he's definitely gone, but I could be wrong. His stats this year (ERA mainly), and a decent amount of wins gets him about 9m in arbitration probably, if not more

The fact that he's still ARB for a few more years (2? 3?) makes him still pretty valuable, and he's left handed.

The question is, can Chris Sale all of the sudden be a 170-180 inning lefty for us (Hell no, too soon)

Next year is going to SUCK

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)
So does that cement that the Sox will try and get a kings ransom for Danks this offseason?

I'm not sure I would trust Kenny trading guys with big league experience. Then again you should get a lot for a starter.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Rios, Thornton, Manny all really sucked tonight. Will Manny have an RBI or extra base hit in a White Sox uniform by the time he decides to call it a season?

Looks like Manny isn't playing for a new contract.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
Rios, Thornton, Manny all really sucked tonight. Will Manny have an RBI or extra base hit in a White Sox uniform by the time he decides to call it a season?

He's already called it a season. KW took a gamble and lost.

I'd still rather at all cost keep the 25 year old lefty in Danks. Buehrle won't leave, but I'd rather move him than Danks. Thats how much I like Danks.

Also I hope if/when the Twins finish us off in this series, I hope Ozzie plays the kids the rest of the way, instead of the whole "pride" crap.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
I'd still rather at all cost keep the 25 year old lefty in Danks. Buehrle won't leave, but I'd rather move him than Danks. Thats how much I like Danks.

Also I hope if/when the Twins finish us off in this series, I hope Ozzie plays the kids the rest of the way, instead of the whole "pride" crap.

I agree. Trading Danks makes no sense at all to me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I agree. Trading Danks makes no sense at all to me.

Does $$$ make enough sense for you? Because the Sox will not have a lot of it next year. You basically can't bring Konerko back unless you trim significant salary elsewhere. Lots of empty seats for the rest of this season, and definitely for next year.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Does $$$ make enough sense for you? Because the Sox will not have a lot of it next year. You basically can't bring Konerko back unless you trim significant salary elsewhere. Lots of empty seats for the rest of this season, and definitely for next year.

If no one is going to go to the games next year, I guess you are saying in a roundabout way the team is going to suck next year. Why bring back Konerko if the team is going to suck anyway and nobody is going to watch?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
It is over for 2010!......Floyd or Jackson will be gone this winter! :gosoxretro:

There's your dilemma, Jackson is gonna be hard to move due to that contract, he might not be tradeable til the trade deadline. Floyd is affordable, and I wouldn't shed a tear if he's gone. Dude is a f***ing moron in the strictest form of the word. When the clubhouse guys pick on you for being stupid, and then your low IQ starts showing on the mound, yeah. He's not the brightest bulb.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)

I would hope our FO values pitching much more than a hitter. If a 34 year old Konerko wants 3+ years for 12+ mil... thanks for the memories Pauly, do whats best for your family. IMO, I think Buehrle leaving would be much worse for a PR hit (though I could be wrong) than Konerko and if not.. thats the FO's fault for making such poor choices for signings/trades/extensions to have this mess. I hope the FO finds a way to extend Danks (who we still have what 2 years of arb with?), Jackson for a couple more years. Thats how we SHOULD be building this team pitching/bullpen should be priority #1.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
There's your dilemma, Jackson is gonna be hard to move due to that contract, he might not be tradeable til the trade deadline.

I disagree. One year left on his deal, not to mention an arm like his, he won't be hard to move at all if the sox go that route.

Edited by J.Reedfan8