Tigers @ White Sox, The U, 7:10PM

justBLAZE

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
Haha, Sale's coming in now. I guess Ozzie decided to not have him come in to face the lefty Avila? Nothing like pitching our best reliever when down 4. Maybe Ozzie has the Sox at under 83 1/2 wins this season, and he's doing his best to ensure we come under that?

My dad and his buddies have the over. They will be sweating it out.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 03:08 AM)
My dad and his buddies have the over. They will be sweating it out.

After thinking about the top of the 7th some more, I'm even more pissed off. Ozzie clearly doesn't care about winning tonight (nor should he), as we have split-squad lineup on the field. With that in mind, at the first sign of possible injury to one of your starters, you get him the f*** off the mound!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
Might I ask who you root for, as you clearly sound like someone who's jealous of Robinson.

Jealous of Robinson? Well sure, I am jealous of anyone who plays sports for a living and as their job.

But I'm a Notre Dame fan, which is irrelevant to my hatred for Robinson because I hate rushing QB's in general. Tebow, Vick, Robinson, all of them. I don't mind people like McNabb who are actually good at just being a QB and can run if he has to, but those 3 douchers would rather just run and be selfish then rely on themselves to be good at the position they actually play. Tebow is more of a QB than Vick or Robinson, but I still can't stand him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
He's a zero tool player.

Exactly, couldn't agree more. But that makes him useless as a bench player as well, if he can't do anything particularly well, or in his case, even league-average. So what to do with this guy for the next two years? That is the question.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 02:14 AM)
Exactly, couldn't agree more. But that makes him useless as a bench player as well, if he can't do anything particularly well, or in his case, even league-average. So what to do with this guy for the next two years? That is the question.

Include him in a deal with someone like Danks for a team that can take on money.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
Include him in a deal with someone like Danks for a team that can take on money.

Lol - sort of like the Marlins tacking Dontrelle Willis along in the Cabrera deal. I wonder if we could double tack in such a deal and send Linebrink along as well!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
That's not the point at all

I'm just saying, next year he will be adding a lot more innings, so might as well let him continue to build his arm so it's not a shock next year if he reaches 200+ innings. I mean, he is only at like what....140 innings right now?

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Kotsay with a fantastic game tonight! If Viciedo really is the 1b of the future, then put him in the f***ing lineup. There's absolutely no reason to be playing Kotsay the rest of this season.

You have to show the veteran respect...can't just sit him down.....ugh.

I'd like to know the odds of Kotsay being back next season. I bet it's higher than a lot of people think. It's not impossible that he'll be the starting first baseman in 2011....