Tigers @ White Sox, The U, 7:10PM

justBLAZE

The Sox really need to give up hope of Torres ever pitching in the big leagues. He has so mediocre. And jeez Teahen, you are so freaking worthless.

FIRE OZZIE! He said that if anyone quits down the stretch, they won't be back with the team. He's quit more than anyone.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
Way to track that one, Teahan.

I don't see why it would be hard to move him in the offseason. Isn't he only signed for $5 mil a year?

Who the heck would want him? What Major League team at this point would want him on their 25-man roster next year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
The Sox really need to give up hope of Torres ever pitching in the big leagues. He has so mediocre. And jeez Teahen, you are so freaking worthless.

FIRE OZZIE! He said that if anyone quits down the stretch, they won't be back with the team. He's quit more than anyone.

I still can't get over the fact that both Carlos Torres and Lucas Harrell pitched for a team that had the audacity to claim they were a contender. Guys like that come from the Pirates or Royals organizations. There's an alarming lack of talent on the White Sox, majors and minors, right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
Way to track that one, Teahan.

I don't see why it would be hard to move him in the offseason. Isn't he only signed for $5 mil a year?

Exactly. People act like it's some huge contract we are stuck with. Pay $3M a year, and I can bet you that we can find a team to take him for $2M a year. Someone out there exists. I mean, it's not like Teahen hasn't showed potential in his career. I bet someone would take a $2M gamble that he can put something together, at the very least being able to play multiple positions.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
The Marlins led by Ozzie Guillen???????????????????????????????

Lol - the only way we get this albatross off of our hands is to take someone else's albatross off of their hands. I guess it can happen, seeing how the Cubs were able to miraculously move Bradley last off-season. The problem with Teahen is that there are not one but two years left on that contract of his. Imagine the garbage we'd have to take on in order to move him along. Oy!

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Lol - the only way we get this albatross off of our hands is to take someone else's albatross off of their hands. I guess it can happen, seeing how the Cubs were able to miraculously move Bradley last off-season. The problem with Teahen is that there are not one but two years left on that contract of his. Imagine the garbage we'd have to take on in order to move him along. Oy!

Exactly, it's always a possibility. How about Teahen for Soriano? LOL, people would riot.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 03:42 AM)
I still can't get over the fact that both Carlos Torres and Lucas Harrell pitched for a team that had the audacity to claim they were a contender. Guys like that come from the Pirates or Royals organizations. There's an alarming lack of talent on the White Sox, majors and minors, right now.

I saw some of your posts in the minor league thread, and I loved them. I know there's some very intelligent people on this site when it comes to prospects, and there's also some that get way too excited about mediocre prospects putting up numbers in a good hitter's park while being 3-4 years old for the league. With that said, look for the Sox farm system to be ranked among the bottom 3 when the rankings come out from Baseball America next season. Besides for Sale, there is no one near being a highly-regarded pitching prospect in the Sox system.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
Exactly. People act like it's some huge contract we are stuck with. Pay $3M a year, and I can bet you that we can find a team to take him for $2M a year. Someone out there exists. I mean, it's not like Teahen hasn't showed potential in his career. I bet someone would take a $2M gamble that he can put something together, at the very least being able to play multiple positions.

Did you see any "potential" this year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I saw some of your posts in the minor league thread, and I loved them. I know there's some very intelligent people on this site when it comes to prospects, and there's also some that get way too excited about mediocre prospects putting up numbers in a good hitter's park while being 3-4 years old for the league. With that said, look for the Sox farm system to be ranked among the bottom 3 when the rankings come out from Baseball America next season. Besides for Sale, there is no one near being a highly-regarded pitching prospect in the Sox system.

I can't even go there anymore. I love those guys. But they're too damn sensitive. Why is it so hard to admit we have a deplorable minor league system? And it has NOTHING to do with the fact Beckham and Sale made the big leagues so quickly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
I can't even go there anymore. I love those guys. But they're too damn sensitive. Why is it so hard to admit we have a deplorable minor league system? And it has NOTHING to do with the fact Beckham and Sale made the big leagues so quickly.

Your comments were questioning why anyone cared about the minor league players or teams, not about us having a bad system. I think everyone would agree our system sucks, but to call out people for having interest in our minor leagues was just dumb, they ripped you apart, and we all moved on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Teahen with the same amount of strike outs tonight as he has homers all season. What a disgraceful effort on this home stand.

He has got to ride the pine the rest of the way - he is just an awful player. I'd rather watch any other position player on our roster play than him. Let's see what De Aza and his speed can do out there in right field, maybe. That would be at least somewhat more interesting than watching this clown peform. I mean, seriously - what more does Ozzie and Sox management need to see? He's terrible! He's terrible, and he was terrible for most of the five full years he played with Kansas City before he came to us. There is no "potential" - it is what it is. We can not afford to let him essentially kill us on BOTH offense and defense any longer.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Your comments were questioning why anyone cared about the minor league players or teams, not about us having a bad system. I think everyone would agree our system sucks, but to call out people for having interest in our minor leagues was just dumb, they ripped you apart, and we all moved on.

Nobody ripped a thing apart. Nobody was able to tell me why minor league titles mean anything other than from a "well, we don't live in Chicago, So this is all we have" aspect. Minor league titles don't, and never will, mean s***.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
Nobody ripped a thing apart. Nobody was able to tell me why minor league titles mean anything other than from a "well, we don't live in Chicago, So this is all we have" aspect. Minor league titles don't, and never will, mean s***.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

They pretty much destroyed you here. And to be completely correct, you questioned why anyone would follow the playoffs, not why anyone would care if we win the title. I personally don't give a s*** if we win or lose in the championship, but I DO think it would be great if the players played well enough to make it there.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0

They pretty much destroyed you here. And to be completely correct, you questioned why anyone would follow the playoffs, not why anyone would care if we win the title. I personally don't give a s*** if we win or lose in the championship, but I DO think it would be great if the players played well enough to make it there.

So you admit our system sucks yet it matters that WS made the championship? I'll go watch Summer Catch if I want to see scrub minor leaguers with no chance in hell of making the big leagues compete for minor league titles. At least I can peep Jessica Biel in a bikini.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 17, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Max Scherzer is sick. He's completely dominated since his little demotion to the minors. Couple that with Austin Jackson, an AL ROY candidate and spectacular defensive CF, and I think it's safe to say the Tigers killed that 3-team trade.

I ripped on my friends from Michigan who hated that trade. They did the whole "Oh, Granderson is our boiiiiii, he is our Tiger," routine that I hate. I would trade anybody on the Sox if it meant getting better, end of story. Do I like certain players more than others? Of course. But the team >>>> any individual player.